Recently, while trying to group songs into a playlist on Nokia Windows 925 phone, I realized the gap in usability or ease of use between an android and Windows phone! Having been used to an android based phone earlier, saving a song was as easy as pressing the song on the screen and saving it to a playlist.
But this encounter with Windows based phone took me back in time where things were a little less simple or user friendly I must say! :)
For a music lover with hundred or more songs in the phone from disparate sources, albums, Nokia Music subscription etc. saving them to a playlist could come across as a challenge on Nokia Lumia Windows phone.
So, here are a few steps which might reduce the efforts and help save songs which are already grouped, (by artist name for instance).
Steps to creating Playlist
- Go to Music-> artists. Select the artist and play any song of the artist. (You could try this using albums or songs as well)
- Press back button (<-) at the bottom of the phone and go back to the next artist or song which you want to add.
- Hold to the song, and a drop down appears with
- Add to now playing
- Press â€˜Add to now playingâ€™. Repeat the steps for all the artists / albums/ songs you want to be included to the playlist by â€˜add them to now playingâ€™
- After putting together all the songs together, go back to the â€˜Musicâ€™ window, where a tile with the current playing songs can be seen
- Click on the current song playing, this will open the songâ€™s screen
- At the bottom right corner, you will observe three dots (â€¦)
- Click on it and you will find the option â€˜save as a playlistâ€™. Click on it and give a name to the playlist you want to save the collection. Your playlist is ready.
- To view the playlist, go to â€˜Musicâ€™ icon and click on it. Scroll the screen sideways, and you will find the option Playlist after â€˜songsâ€™. Your saved playlist would appear there.
This is just one of the ways to save songs on Windows as a playlist and there could be several others ways. Hope the above steps help you create playlists and let you enjoy your music :) !