Yes! It is pleasing to see that the film industry, which is blamed for teaching the wrong things to society, is helping the women of the community. Director Nagesh Kukunoor has taken it upon himself to raise his voice against women’s atrocities.
His recent film Lakshmi in which he also stars, is proof of the same. The film takes you through the journey of Lakshmi, who is forced into prostitution by circumstances. Guess who played the 14-year-old Lakshmi in Kukunoor’s film?
She is not a famous face, but her voice has made all of us dance to its tunes. She is none other than the lady who lent her voice for Zara Zara Touch Me from the film Race – Monali Thakur!
She showed her support for the cause by inaugurating the “Make your City Safe Campaign.” This was initiated by Pune-based SmartCloud Infotech, which also organized a two-day event on women’s safety and technology.
The idea to develop Nirbhaya – be a fearless app took birth last year at SmartCloud Infotech. On this occasion, eminent people like Former U.S Marine and experts in personal safety training Melissa Lee Ohm, founders of SmartCloud Infotech Gajanan Sakhare and Ajit Patil, Shabnam Asthana, Director National Executive PRCI, along with a member of the care team.
At the event, Melissa Lee Ohm was generous enough to demonstrate personal safety to the female students who attended the event.
Now let me tell you the link between Kukunoor’s Lakshmi and Nirbhaya app. The app makers have joined hands with the film to create awareness among women in a unique way. They have decided to conduct a quiz that will allow women to speak about the problems they face every day.
Before I close, let us get a fair idea about the app. What makes it worthwhile to a woman when she steps out of her safe zone? The answer is that it has certain features that immediately come to her rescue. Could you take a look at some of them below?
- Simple, Robust, Easy to Use, and quick access are strengths of the App
- GeoLocation and Alert messages are sent to the family friends in the time of need ensuring location being tracked
- Alerts can be sent in various ways like through
- Touching SOS / Call icon in the app
- Pressing the power button 3-4 times
- Shake to Alert – Shake the Phone 3-4 times
- Bluetooth device alert
- Geo-Fence is a precautionary feature – mark your safe areas with a particular radius, your entry, and exit from those areas will be informed to the contact assigned
- The stamp is a Social feature – to mark Safe and Unsafe areas
- Improved location and Alert updates are sent every 300 meters and up to 2 hours
To me, having this app seems like having the proper defense technique. I’m going to install it right away… What about you? To know more visit Nirbhaya.mobi