Thanks to the ever-encompassing web, mobile, and digital space small business owners now can think of big aims and set global ambitions. Yes, no business can be assessed as nonsignificant simply on account of its location or size. It is the potential for growth by utilizing the digital avenues that made even small local entrepreneurs think big.
So, a small business actually can hold the promise of taking over a large conglomerate down the line in just a few years to a decade, if everything falls into place. And for everything to fall into the right place marketing in the digital place can play a huge role.
Technology in more ways than one created a level playing field for both small entrepreneurs and big business houses. Today as a small local entrepreneur you can market your goods in faraway countries and get in touch with people from diverse cultures and locations simply through a mobile app, an eCommerce platform, or through your own website.
In creating the buzz around a product or service often a big brand has to find a place with numerous small but really promising brands from remote locations. This being the common scenario, small businesses can really aim for bigger growth by embracing the 4 awesome digital solutions mentioned below.
1. Business Website
The time we live in is marked by a digital interface dominating every sphere of life. A great majority of people spend most of their quality time online. From workplace internet browsing to shopping to social media engagement to accessing media and entertainment, people spend most time surfing the internet.
Mobility further made the web accessible surpassing all other engagements in life. In complete contrast to this widespread web involvement, you can still find too many small businesses that remained ignorant or inactive on the web space. This is nothing short of a severe loss of opportunity.
Having your own website is now absolutely affordable and you can enjoy a wide range of benefits through it. Until you make a web presence of your business you cannot know how in myriad ways it is going to boost your business. There are a few unputdownable advantages of having a business website. Let us mention here a few.
- A business website is an accessible business window that remains open all the time irrespective of any time of the year or day.
- The audience is literally global for any website offering a level playing field to compete with large businesses. The only requirement is to make your presence visible to a larger audience with consistent focus.
- Following the most dominant design trend and technology and by offering quality content you can quickly rise to prominence beating even so-called big competitors.
- Securing a robust web presence your business strategy no longer just depends on over-the-counter sales. The website actually lets you multiply business avenues in the most meaningful way.
Can a crockery manufacturer in Istanbul now think of catering to local customers in the city or as the optimum limit to the people of Turkey only? For a majority of businesses, the answer is presumably negative. In a world where every little or antique or exotic or rare commodity is available in online stores, the business opportunity can no longer be limited to local consumers alone.
Even when you cannot make your own eCommerce platform or online store, there are stores to market your products. Think about how many designer boutiques, jewelers, and fashion apparel manufacturers just rely on eBay or Shopify to sell their products. The online store really makes you think big while winning over the so-called limited and localized business mindset.
- While your product can represent a local and ethnic culture your business with worldwide exposure gets global thanks to online stores.
- Your online store remains open and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days a year.
- In our time dominated by mobile devices, your products are more accessible on millions of devices. Practically you have opened shops in billions and trillions now.
- From offering your merchandise to boosting sales through marketing campaigns to a quicker sales process and hassle-free delivery, shopping gets enjoyable for customers, and sales gets smooth for sellers.
- Your so-called local product getting exposure to global consumers beat the so-called big brands by offering a taste of the remote, exotic, and rare delicacy.
For less than a decade mobile apps are shaped into their present avatar and ever since it only spread to encompass every area of human living and necessity. Mobile apps changed the way you seek certain services and products over the internet or online stores. Now, there are native mobile apps that take care of your product search in a given specialty.
Though the success of these business apps is still relative and most apps representing large eCommerce stores or businesses make their presence felt in the app store, this new horizon still has a lot more to open up. Mobile apps for business as a whole are still a relatively new phenomenon and in the time to come, they will offer a wider level playing field as websites.
- As mobile devices are surpassing traditional computing and internet access, mobile apps will be the most sought-after business avenues surpassing websites and web-based eCommerce.
- Mobile apps as a business avenue offer a huge cost advantage over traditional ones.
- Smarter sales and marketing management, faster accessibility, and agile ability to address customer issues give mobile apps an indomitable edge over other digital marketing avenues.
- You can enjoy a more granular level of focus when marketing through contextual and business-driving notifications.
Social Media Marketing
When you are landed on digital spaces like websites and mobile apps for your business, the next challenge lies in making more people visit your webpage and making more people download your website.
There are many ways to drive traffic to your website and app. Social media marketing is one of the most effective avenues to do that. You cannot build a vast network of peers and engage them creatively with your business in any other way than social media.
- You can boost all your digital marketing with a strong social media presence.
- You can reach and engage a larger audience with regular social media activities.
- Social media presence helps to create business goodwill, address customer issues, and discover new opportunities.
The Final Words
Technology or to be more precise new technology by far is the true “magic of thinking big” for most small businesses that achieved rapid growth and succeeded to gain global prominence in a quick time. So, besides adapting to the above-mentioned avenues it is also recommended to remain open to emerging technology and trends.