Thanks to ever encompassing web, mobile and digital space small business owner now can think of big aims and set global ambitions. Yes, no business can be assessed as non significant simply on account of its location or size. It is the potential of growth by utilizing the digital avenues that made even small local entrepreneurs think big. So, a small business actually can hold the promise of taking over a large conglomerate down the line in just few years to a decade, if everything falls into place. And for everything to fall into the right place marketing on digital place can play a huge role.
Technology in more ways than one created a level playing field for both small entrepreneurs and big business houses. Today as a small local entrepreneur you can market your goods in faraway countries and get in touch with people from diverse cultures and locations simply through a mobile app, an eCommerce platform or through your own website. In creating the buzz around a product or service often a big brand has to find for place with numerous small but really promising brands from remote locations. This being the common scenario, small businesses can really aim for bigger growth by embracing the 4 awesome digital solutions mentioned below.
- Business Website
The time we live in is marked by digital interface dominating every sphere of life. A great majority of people spend most of their quality time online. From workplace internet browsing to shopping to social media engagement to accessing media and entertainment, people spend most time surfing internet. Mobility further made web accessible surpassing all other engagement in life. In complete contrast to this widespread web involvement you can still find too many small businesses that remained ignorant or inactive on web space. This is nothing short of a severe loss of opportunity.Having your own website is now absolutely affordable and you can enjoy a wide range of benefits through it. Until you make web presence of your business you cannot know how in myriad ways it is going to boost your business. There are few unputdownable advantages of having a business website. Let us mention here a few.
- A business website is an accessible business window that remains open all the time irrespective any time of the year or day.
- The audience is literally global for any website offering a level playing field to compete with the large businesses. Only requirement is to make your presence visible to larger audience with consistent focus.
- Following the most dominant design trend and technology and by offering quality content you can quickly rise to prominence beating even so called big competitors.
- Securing a robust web presence your business strategy no longer just depends on over the counter sales. Website actually let you multiply business avenues in most meaningful way.
- Online Store
Can a crockery manufacturer in Istanbul now think of catering to local customers in the city or as the optimum limit to the people of Turkey only? For a majority of businesses the answer is presumably negative. In a world where every little or antique or exotic or rare commodity is available over the online stores the business opportunity can no longer be limited to local consumers alone. Even when you cannot make your own eCommerce platform or online store, there are stores to market your products. Think how many designer boutiques, jewelers, fashion apparel manufacturers just rely on Ebay or Shopify to sell their products. Online store really makes you think big while winning over the so called limited and localized business mindset.
- While your product can represent a local and ethnic culture your business with worldwide exposure gets global thanks to online stores.
- Your online store remains open and accessible for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days in a year.
- In our time dominated by mobile devices your products are more accessible on millions of device. Practically you have opened shops in billions and trillions now.
- From offering your merchandise to boosting sales through marketing campaigns to quicker sales process and hassle free delivery, shopping gets enjoyable for customers and sales gets smooth for sellers.
- Your so called local product getting exposure to global consumers beat the so called big brands by offering a taste of remote, exotic and rare delicacy.
- Mobile Apps
For less than a decade mobile apps are shaped into their present avatar and ever since it only spread to encompass every area of human living and necessity. Mobile apps changed the way you seek certain service and products over internet or online stores. Now, there are native mobile apps that take care of your product search in a given specialty. Though success of these business apps is still relative and mostly apps representing large eCommerce stores or businesses make their presence felt in the app store, this new horizon still has lot more to open up. Mobile apps for business as a whole is still a relatively new phenomenon and in the time to come it will offer a wider level playing field as the websites.
- As mobile devices are surpassing traditional computing and internet access, mobile apps will be the most sought after business avenues surpassing websites and web based eCommerce.
- Mobile apps as a business avenue offer huge cost advantage over traditional ones.
- Smarter sales and marketing management, faster accessibility and agile ability to address customer issues give mobile apps indomitable edge over other digital marketing avenues.
- You can enjoy more granular level focus when marketing through contextual and business driving notifications.
- Social Media Marketing
When you are landed on digital spaces like websites and mobile apps for your business, the next challenge lies in making more number of people visit your webpage and making more people download your website. There are many ways to drive traffic to your website and app. Social media marketing is one of the most effective avenues to do that. You cannot build a vast network of peers and engage them creatively with your business with no other ways than social media.
- You can boost all your digital marketing with strong social media presence.
- You can reach and engage larger audience with regular social media activities.
- Social media presence helps creating business goodwill, address customer issues and discover new opportunities.
The Final Words…
Technology or to be more precise new technology by far is the true ‘magic of thinking big’ for most small businesses that achieved rapid growth and succeeded to gain global prominence in quick time. So, besides adapting to the above mentioned avenues it is also recommended to remain open to emerging technology and trends.
Enter your email below to get our weekly updates. And you get FREE access to our Exclusive → 1. Guide: Community Driven "Email Marketing Guide" → 2. eBook: "A 10 Steps Guide to Launch a Blog!" → 3. Tools: List of 20+ tools and services we use to run our site - when you opt-in.