App developers spend a substantial amount of time and effort to get their app designed, developed, and deployed. However top app developers also spend significant efforts in enhancing its visibility on the App Store post its release. This includes investing their energies into strategic and targeted App Store Optimization (ASO).
Given the present competition, getting your app featured on the App Store alone is not enough, you should try to earn a place on the front page of iTunes. Doing so requires a bit of work to succeed. Today, we look at a few tips with which you can easily optimize your app on the App Store and increase its visibility:
- Focus On The Fundamentals of App Designing: Around two decades back, Steve Jobs once mentioned that App Store developers should try to focus on customer experience and then try to work back towards the technology. It seems Apple has kept that fundamental as it is. So, if you’re looking to earn a place on the first page, then create an app that adds value to people’s lives. If you can do this, there is nobody who can stop your app from getting a top spot on the App Store.
- Choose Native Over Hybrid: With the passage of time, the focus of most of the top mobile app developers has shifted to hybrid applications. They believe that hybrid apps hold the key to the future. However, based on the historical data, one thing is clear – no matter how far the app development field has come, hybrid apps have still a lot of catching up to do over native apps. So, if you’re looking forward to creating an app that can enjoy a good run of visibility and earn a top rank on the App Store, then give preference to native apps rather than hybrid apps.
- Don’t Overlook Graphical Part Ever: Believe it or not, but the icon of your application carries far more important than you can ever imagine. At any condition, should you try to compromise on your app icon design? It’s the face of your app, and many experts believe that applications with great looking icons get higher rankings on the App Store than the rest of the lot. Keep this point in mind while developing an app.
- Drive conversions from App Store description: The 4000 -ord app description has tremendous pulling power. Make a killer app description copy and get users to download once they are on your app page. Out of the 4000 words, the first 255 words (the intro text above the ‘Read More’ part) are the make-or-break portion to create a buzz in the minds of the readers. Hence fill it up with app USPs, industry influencer credentials, user testimonials, awards – any trigger that can drive downloads.
- Networking Can Make A Significant Difference: Just like every other platform, networking is the key to growing on the App Store. If you want to see your app doing well, you’ll have to shift your focus to the App Store team. To enhance the visibility of the mobile app and to get featured on the App Store, it is necessary to understand the requirements before developing an iOS application. This will eventually help you in developing an amazing mobile application and improve your expertise by giving you a brief about the user’s expectations.
- High Customer Ratings Go A Long Way: The higher the customer ratings of an app on an App Store, the better it is for the app’s success. The primary objective of Apple as a product distributor is to ensure that those apps which customers like get higher ranking and more visibility than the others. If your app carries a high rating (more than 4.5 is always desirable), then you can achieve a better ranking over time.
In the end, it’s all about how great of an app can the top mobile app developers build and what value it adds to the users’ lives. If your app is genuinely good and propels the user experience, then you can easily earn a top spot on the App Store. So, keep these points in mind while developing an app to increase its visibility after its launch.