Diving into the pool of antivirus goodness, we are about to explore one of the best offerings available. The explanation is simple – when we spend endless hours on our technology, it only makes sense to keep it secure.
Bitdefender Antivirus first entered the antivirus market in November 2001, and since it has been delivering customer satisfying software not just for domestic use but for businesses as well. There are several upgraded versions of this antivirus, each adding new perks and benefits to the basic level of protection, and this year one of their more basic products was awarded the best antivirus by PC MAG. Various Bitdefender software versions can be tested for 30 days using the available free trial downloads, however.
The installation procedure for this software won’t take more than 10 minutes, however there are a few tricky bits to get through. Once you’re done with that you’ll be in for great PC security.
- Start off smart – Carefully go through the features of the various Bitdefender versions available and only select that which is practical and feasible for you. There’s Sphere, Family pack, Total Security, Windows 8 security, Internet security, Antivirus Plus, and Antivirus for MAC. A good idea would be to download a trial before spending the money.
- PC Requirements – Your computer should be ready for the software installation. This software is for computers running on Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. There must be at-least 2GB free space on your system drive, and an 800 megahertz processor along with 1GB RAM.
- Download and run – Once you’ve downloaded the executable file, your computer will start running it automatically. However you can click on it and run it yourself too. Make sure you don’t have any other application running before starting the downloading process.
- Get nerdy with the EULA – Many of us just click ‘Accept’ before reading the EULA (end-user license agreement) however it would be a good idea to give it a quick glance. It is about your PC security at the end of the day.
- Choosing the Setup type – Once you have agreed to the EULA, you will have the option to select the setup type. If you’re new, it’s better to go with the ‘Typical’ setup, it will provide a good deal of security. If you are a PC geek go ahead and select ‘custom’. After making the desired selection, the installation will begin.
- Real time virus reporting and avoiding rebooting – After the successful installation of the software, you will receive a confirmation. Click the ‘Read Me’ file on the screen and select next. Now you will be asked whether you want to participate in real time virus reporting. Now what is this? This is a top ten prevalence chart of the viruses stopped on desktop machines protected by Bitdefender within the reference time-frame. Note that if you opt to not participate in the real time virus reporting, it will NOT affect the performance of the antivirus. After declining to join the real-time virus reporting, two prompts will appear on your screen. One will ask you to restart your PC and the other will ask you to register your product online. Be cautious here, do not select reboot, and instead drag that box to the side. In the other box click on ‘Register online’
- Register online – Do as asked and fill in the required information online and simply click ‘next’. If the internet is not cooperating, or you’re not connected select ‘’Register Later’. If you completed your registration online you will receive a confirmation about the successful installation of Bitdefender. You will not receive this confirmation if any information was left out, in which case you would have to complete the registration.
- Reboot and you’re done! – The reboot prompt that you earlier dragged to the side needs to be clicked on now. Once the PC has restarted, an installation confirmation message will appear on your screen. In case you are using Windows 7 or 8, you will also find a Bitdefender widget on your desktop.
BitDefender Internet Security 2014 FINAL (install, review, serial):
Explore your Bitdefender product and enjoy the best security you can buy in 2014!