Table of Contents
Flutter mechanism consists of 3 major components:
- Flutter Engine: Flutter makes support by making use of the Google skia graphics library. This also allows you to avail interface platform-specific software development kit similar to the ones provided by Android or iOS which are written in C++.
- Foundation Libraries: Foundation libraries in Flutter are written in Dart and they help provide basic classes and functions which are used for creating an application using Flutter.
- Presence of Design Specific Widgets: Design specific widgets help express the part of the user’s interface in a mobile application. Material design consists of widgets which help implement the design language of Google with the same name.
Is Flutter on the verge of replacing Java and Kotlin?
The above mentioned qualities shall come to the advantage of any top Flutter app development company. Besides that Flutter has not failed to deliver the standards of quality for iOS and Android. This has helped it become a strong contender for hybrid applications and is strongly being considered a strong alternative to Java. It is mainly because of the following reasons:
- Better productivity: Comparison studies obtained through development endeavors taken at BrainMobi has indicated that it takes an average of 3 months for 3 engineers to bring out an application for Android. While using Flutter the same result was obtained in 3 months using just the one engineer that too for both Android as well as iOS. Not only had that but the quantity of code comprised of just one third compared to that written in any other language.
- Easy Layout and Backend: Android comes with a separate layout for java/Kotlin files using which a developer gets reference to views after which he is able to alter them for the backend files. Flutter addresses this using a single dart language for design as well as backend and uses a native framework which eliminates the reference to widgets.
- Dart Influence: Java has been in the store since a long time and it’s due to get outdated with the evolving features. Dart consists of a lot of features taken from various popular languages without losing the native familiarity of java or any other similar language and still making it more versatile.
- Flexible Single-Code Base Mechanism: Using common widgets which can be executed separately for Android or an iOS helps save lot of coding time for developers. In the case of using a Kotlin for iOS or a java for Android it was fairly difficult and hectic to monitor your code when working separately. The single code base can be easily executed for swift and android studio in tandem.
- Quick Compilation Time: Besides incorporating quick measures to obtain smooth execution in terms of compilation. This is what contributes in giving a similar standard of performance when both iOS and Android are put to comparison. This can be rightfully compared with the standards of a native approach undertaken with java/Kotlin.
How Flutter Assists Android Developers?
Both Android and Flutter belong to Google. Flutter was launched in 2017 and until then a lot of drawbacks in Android had been discovered. While it comes to the advantage of an Android developer in several ways, let us look at a primary 4 reasons that contribute the most.
- Presence of Flutter Widgets: Owing to their immutability, Flutter widgets are fairly lightweight. It consists of its own separate material components library and adheres to the material design guidelines. Material design contributes a lot to flexible design systems that are optimized separately for Android as well as iOS. This aids to business application development as developers can exercise the flexibility and abundance of design choices.
- Flutter Libraries: Flutter aids platform-specific functions using call actions on the platform side. Prior to which it was implemented on platforms using native languages in their corresponding platforms. Flutter has an abundance of platform-specific libraries which lets a developer create applications as per the performance standards of a particular platform.
- Flutter Architecture: When it comes to managing applications with large classes, inconsistent naming schemes, mismatching, or missing architectures, the native approach of application development can bring upon a lot of burdens with the process. Flutter on the other hand provides a lot of flexibility when it comes to deciding how to organize and develop rapid applications. This assists with the advantage of a mobile application development company that are at times faced with the responsibility of managing a volume of complicated tasks.
- Intuitive Design Capability: Application design trends in modern-day standards bring in a lot of demand from designers and developers for motion-rich UIs and mobile-first designs. Flutter is optimized to drive pixels instead of OEM widgets. Utilizing the same renderer, framework, and single set of libraries for a particular UI, Flutter helps to achieve quicker and faster app development missions.
How Does Flutter Compare Alongside React Native & Xamarin?
There are plenty of ways in which Flutter competes with React Native and Xamarin. Let’s take few points into consideration that override the development capabilities of Xamarin and React Native.
- Hot Reload: The hot reload is a feature that instantly helps a developer examine his/her code to the pace of a web page. More importantly, it is stateful which means developers do not need to restart the application for every minor change. In comparison to React Native and Xamarin, this assists greatly in saving time and contributing to the quality and test routines of a code.
- Unique Widgets: Flutter is independent of any platform-specific UI components and rather has a widget of its own. It consists of material design widgets for Android and it also offers Cupertino widgets for iOS. This helps developers craft custom solutions to the UI requirements of Android or iOS. Unlike in the case of React Native or Xamarin which relies on external widgets hence excluding the case for custom solutions.
- Device Compatibility: Mobile applications made using Flutter offer a diverse range of device compatibility. Its native widgets are compatible with the operating system version starting for Android iOS 8 and Android jelly bean. This won’t affect much even if Android and iOS come up with a new set of widgets either. This is fairly fading out in the case of applications built using React Native or Xamarin.
- Extended Packages: Flutter comprises several packages which include tools for handling images, HTTP requests, Web socket connections, various net protocol clients, push notifications, and embedded databases for accessing device sensors and cameras. This was done keeping in mind the kind of requirements that would erupt in the future. Pre-existing platforms like React Native and Xamarin.
Owing to the properties of widgets and independent libraries, Flutter exhibits a lot of development advantage in comparison to React Native or Xamarin. With the upgrades that shall be witnessed in the subject of upcoming mobile hardware, it shall be really crucial to know what a particular language can help you avail.
Flutter as of yet seems to be prepared for all the upgrades as it seems to care less about the pre-existing functionalities in the current frameworks. Thanks to our endeavors in the field of mobile application development, we have given critical thoughts to every potential problem that your mobile application can face and look to address it as well.
Besides all of the above advantages, Flutter holds a great deal of risk for applications developed using React Native. This is attributed to the fact that Google is making significant strides with Fuchsia to have in store with other competitors. As a result Flutter app developers shall be a much-required asset for any mobile business application enthusiast. If you have any queries or ideas for a mobile application that seeks some long term sustainability, feel free to write to us at email@example.com.