When people think of a corporate secretary, they still visualize a man or a woman, dressed in formal shuffling from one room to another, with a huge pile of files. Does the 21st -century secretary still does the same?
It turns out modern corporate secretaries do all that and much more. They have gradually carved out a role in the key governance of a company. They are no longer just part of the support system that requires them to take close notes and schedule meetings.
They are also responsible for ensuring that the company meets all state and federal laws. Corporate secretaries make sure that they are always at the service of the board of directors, since the latter needs someone who has an astute knowledge of the laws.
On this page
What is the role of the ideal secretary of a multinational corporation?
A company secretary must understand the laws of a country that binds the business. Therefore, they need to know the values of the company as well as the ways the change of laws or the failure to meet them can hurt the reputation of the business. In many cases, senior board members fill the responsibilities of a corporate secretary.
This is possible for a company that operates within the country. However, several businesses are trying to expand to the Asian markets in the East. They have the main operations, including the legal departments on the home grounds, since setting up a fully functioning office with a legal infrastructure in the Asian market can be financially prohibitive. At the same time, not having legal aid can lead them to falter in compliance.
What are some of the reasons businesses opt for corporate secretarial services?
Markets in Singapore are highly competitive and failing to meet the legal standards can tarnish the image of a brand. This will not only cause the business owners significant hassle, but it will also lead to insurmountable losses from losing market favor.
As a result, many enterprises are choosing secretarial services over individual corporate secretaries to serve their overseas operations.
Here are a few reasons businesses are opting for Company Secretarial Services,
- They require secretarial services to have a thorough understanding of the business.
- They require the secretary to have a basic knowledge of the local, state, and federal corporate laws.
- They also need the secretary to be aware of bureaucratic thinking within multidisciplinary settings.
- The company needs the secretary to be able to communicate with the board of directors and the CEO at all times.
- The secretarial services usually have an avid knowledge of the local market and the changing trends.
- Most of the services in Singapore follow the ACRA regulations that maximize the chances of the statutory compliance of the hiring party.
- It is compulsory for any foreign business owner to hire an incorporation service provider for their company.
The unique necessities of the foreign companies and the ability of the secretarial services to fulfill them have lead to a long-term partnership that is growing stronger with each passing day.
What are the advantages of outsourcing company secretarial services?
The businesses that employ company secretarial services often enjoy a number of advantages. While it is difficult for one person to meet the endless set of requisites of a corporation, the dedicated professional services of a similar company easily meet the needs.
Here are a few of the benefits of a secretarial service that you need to consider,
- Knowledge and experience, the knowledge and experience of a professional secretarial service, compare to none. Many of these service providers have been doing so for the better part of the last decade. This gives them a comprehensive knowledge about the trends of commerce in the local markets and the corporate laws that affect the administration of a business.
- Economic, most of the dedicated corporate secretarial services cost lesser than creating a position for a new corporate legal body or a new off-shore assistant for a company. Hiring individual services in Asian markets like Singapore can be financially debilitating for any company. Recent reports show that it can cost a company upwards of $10000 to complete the interview, hiring, and training process for a company secretary. Outsourcing the same responsibilities can cost a fraction of the same amount.
- Reliable services, since you get to visit each service provider’s website, you can verify their claims by crosschecking with their past performances. It is a competitive market, so you can rely on reviews from other businesses and third-party indexing sites for finding out the quality of their services.
- Minimizing the risks, hiring outsourcing agencies will minimize the risks involved in operating in new and unknown terrain. Having experts to consult at every decision-making point will help you avoid the loopholes in the corporate and secretarial law. Additionally, it will help you reduce the probability of landing on the wrong side of a lawsuit in the future.
- Consistency in execution, no matter how urgently you need to reinforce new pay scales or new market policies, you will always have the assistance of an experienced team of people in the location. They can handle administrative requirements, maintain track records, and update you from time to time about the changes in the stock market shares.
A company secretary is a person, who helps to stay a multinational corporation stay afloat in this era of cutthroat competition. The only way to find the perfect professional secretarial services for a corporation in the foreign lands is by weighing the advantages and disadvantages from a neutral point of view before you dive in.
You should only hire the services of a corporate secretary if the pros outweigh the cons in every way. Hiring the correct service provider should help you save money, time and it should also keep you from legal hassles in the future.
Image source: Freepik Premium