Little links can make a big difference. Many of the new generation internet marketing specialists tend to underrate this SEO strategy, but the fact is that it can do wonder regarding conversions as well as usability.
This article is meant to be a particular directive for the page optimizers to incorporate a compelling internal linking structure efficiently. We may review the most relevant internal links which may make a significant difference in SEO results.
Table of Contents
Importance of On-page SEO
Internal vs. External links
- An internal link is a direct link from another portion of the same web page or another page on the same website. Website navigation is a perfect example for internal linking, but when it comes to London SEO, we discuss more the links inside the content.
- External links are those links one website to another. External links which link back to your site are a crucial, decisive factor in SEO.
Internal linking benefits
Internal linking is critical in website planning as;
- These help to pass search engine value/authority from one page to another.
- Guide the users to high-value content.
- Prompt the user to take a call to action initiative.
Search engine rankings through links
Search engine authority on internet flows through links as you can find its most excellent examples in pages. When your page gets linked to another page on the web, it passes it’s on credibility to the linked page too and the second page also tends to rank higher. This is casually called “link juice,” but in technical terms, it is called “authority.”
Here are some SEO tips to gain value through links
- Over time, you can identify that some pages of your website may have higher authority than others. These may be pages which already have links pointing towards them. In most of the sites, the home page may be the most senior in authority.
- Naturally, links from such pages to the other pages on your site will help pass on that authority.
- So, identify which all pages on your site are of higher authority and which others need linking help.
You can use the Open Site Explorer by Moz to do this evaluation. With this data in hand, you can make a useful link structure to share authority and bring all the pages on top.
Links to guide the users to converting pages
You can identify that some pages attract a lot of users. This is primarily because they rank high on the search engines and get shared. These are the places where most of the traffic surge. Some pages of your website may be aiming at revenue generation by prompting visitors to take action.
Linking your high-traffic pages effectively to your conversion pages can have a significant impact on your business conversions. A little link done well may help you to achieve your business goals through the linking strategy itself successfully.
So, we can conclude that internal linking, if done efficiently, will serve the same purpose of external linking regarding SEO ranking as well as business marketing results through your website.