No doubt, today clicking pictures is easier than ever before. Itâ€™s not just digital cameras, even smartphones and other hand-held devices let us capture every moment of our life. Due to such
advancement in technology, we often tend to capture plenty of pictures and videos.
However, on the other hand, one of the dark sides associated with modern technology is that, no matter how cautious one is, due to minimal act of ignorance all the data could be lost.
Whether it is a virus, hardware failure, or just human error, all it takes is just a few seconds to lose our treasured pictures and videos. In spite of such known instances, the majority of people never follow backup regimes and fall prey to unseen data loss disasters. This does not mean that there is no way to get back lost/deleted pictures. In fact, there are several programs available to recover data. But, in reality, some tools work great and some donâ€™t. Thus, after immensely researching through several data restoration applications, I found Yodot Photo Recovery.
I preferred Yodot Photo Recovery over other tools as it offered the preview of the restored pictures in the demo version. Only after closely examining the softwareâ€™s restoration efficiency in the demo version, I bought a licensed edition. The application smoothly guided me till the end of the recovery process. As a consequence of this, I completely got back all my pictures. So, I have outlined a few prominent features of the software in the upcoming section for the users who want to explore more about the product.
Notable features of Yodot Photo Recovery (Windows)
- Retrieves lost/deleted multimedia files such as images, videos, audio, etc.
- Also, recovers photos from formatted SD card, micro-SD, USB, etc.
- The graphical user interface presented by the application is clear and concise
- To rescue files based on their unique signature the application provides a RAW Search option
- Letâ€™s previewing of retrieved files so that the user can inspect whether the right files are restored
- In order to prevent re-scanning of the device from the beginning, the software offers a Resume Recovery option. This enables one to resume the restoration session from the point
where it was paused
- Restores photos from memory card, flash drives, hard disk, camera, and various other storage devices
- Makes it possible to save the restored files on any working/healthy storage device
Canon, Nikon, Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, Olympus, Sanyo, Philips, LG, Leica, Pentax, Sigma, Kodak, Fujifilm, Casio, and many more
List of recoverable files
- Digital RAW images
Technical system requirements
- Compatible Windows OS: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10
- Memory: 1 GB RAM (minimum)
- Disk Space: 50 MB (for installation)
- System Type: 32-bit and 64-bit OS
- Supported file types: NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32, extFAT and ReFS
Directions to use the utility
To start with, click here to download Yodot Photo Recovery on your Windows system. After that, install the software as per the instructions provided by the set-up wizard. Following this, you can go ahead with the below-given steps,
Step 1 – Run the application
Launch the application by double-clicking on its icon
Step 2 – Select the desired option
Depending upon the data loss criteria, choose either of these options – Deleted Photo Recovery and Lost Photo Recovery
Step 3 – Specify the storage location of the files to be retrieved
Provide the path where you wish to restore the rescued files. Besides this, if you know the file types to be to restored then you can specify it
Step 4 – Preview
Have a look at the restored images using Data Type View or File Type View options
Step 5 – Store
Finally, store the recovered files on a safe destination
The best image restoration utility has to balance well between performance and easy usability. Thus, this is exactly what Yodot Photo Recovery offers. Further, the software can retrieve lost data and also has the potential to recover deleted photos from memory cards, cameras, and other storage media. Hence, I believe that the tool is best suited for both skilled and naÃ¯ve end users to restore multimedia files instantly.