Has the travel bug bitten you? Thinking about planning your next adventure? Want to make sure that you get to feel the adrenaline rush and the joy of adventure when you head out to your next trip? Well, then you will have to plan a trip which offers you not only the spirit of adventure but also of something truly beautiful. When it comes to planning a trip of this nature in India, your options will all be found together if you visit just one place, and that is none other than Rishikesh.
A little about Rishikesh
Located in Dehradun district in one of the most recently formed states of the country, Uttarakhand, Rishikesh or also spelled as Hrishikesh, is one of the most coveted and celebrated tourist destinations in the country. It has been one of the most popular destinations for travel in the country, mainly because of its scenic beauty. Nestled comfortably in the foothills of the Great Himalayas, Rishikesh certainly does have a side to it which makes it the center of attraction for many. From hills to gushing rivers, you will find almost anything and everything here. With its varied topography and weather, Rishikesh is actually ideal for one particular activity amongst many, and that is camping.
Know more about camping in Rishikesh
Camping is one of the most thrilling experiences that one can opt for when it comes to Rishikesh. Being easily accessible from different parts of the country, with only a 230kms away from the capital of the country, heading out for camping in Rishikesh is actually something that a lot of people opt for. If you are thinking about going camping, then there are a few things that you need to know about it before you start planning your trip.
Okay, so start with, when is the best time to visit Rishikesh and when is the best time to go camping there? Well, it is best to avoid the summer months because the temperature does rise quite a lot. So if you are planning for that ideal camping trip, then the best time to visit would be from late September to mid- November. Avoid during the winter months since it might prove to be quite cold. Again, you can visit Rishikesh in March and April.
Now, there are quite a few camping sites in Rishikesh, so which are the ones that you will opt for? Some of the ideal places to head out to would-be Marine Drive, Shivpuri, Brahmpuri, and Kaudiayala, which make a nice spot for camping. You can travel to these spots and set up camp, both with friends and family over here. The view and the availability of the necessary facilities make this place one of the finest places to camp and the most convenient ones as well. So, keep these areas in mind when you are trying to book a camp for your trip and for your stay in Rishikesh.
Which type of camping do you want to opt for? Did you know that Rishikesh offers you mainly two types of camping? You can opt either for riverside camping or go with jungle camping. The two are quite different. If you want to enjoy the view of the river and feel the rush of the water near your camping site, then the riverside camping is the one for you. This is far more relaxed and is ideal if you are planning on spending lazy time by the river throughout the day, then this will be the ideal choice for you. In fact, for family camping or a short weekend camping trip, this is the one that you should opt for. From engaging in beach volleyball to river rafting, this is the ideal type of camping if you want to enjoy a relaxed camping trip.
If, on the other hand, you want to hike and stay close to the heart of nature, then you should opt for the jungle camping. The camps are set up in the jungle from where you can go out and explore the jungle. You can opt for guided hikes as well, which will help you to explore the place on your foot. Rishikesh has a nice jungle area which can be explored to discover the wonders that this part of the country has in store for all.
Precautions to follow when camping
- First and foremost, when you are planning a camping trip, you will have to get your bookings done well beforehand. Get your bookings done online so that you can rest assured and not get into any trouble which is there when it comes to last-minute booking. Booking online also comes with the advantage of avail nice and exciting offers, especially when the booking is done right in time.
- Make sure that you carry the right equipment with you. If you are planning on hiking, then you will have to make sure that you carry the right gear with you. It is best to carry your own gear because renting might prove to be a problem there. If you are planning for a riverside camping trip, then you can carry swimsuits if you wish to laze about a little in the sand.
- If you are planning for a bonfire, then make sure that it is not in a wooded area. Never light a fire in a wooded area because that can prove to be fatal. So, it is best always to do it in an open area.
- Carry sufficient woolen wear with you. The temperature drops quite a lot at night, and hence, having woolen wear always helps.
- When opting for any kind of adventure sport or if you are thinking about going hiking, you will have to ensure that you follow every instruction that the guide gives. Following the instructions, it is a must.
Camping in Rishikesh is always fun if you follow all the guidelines and plan your trip well in advance. So, gear up and get ready so that you may enjoy a nice and adventurous time at Rishikesh.
Featured image source: Freepik