Today we use websites for almost everything including shopping, reading news, education, and banking. The field of web design and development is also changing with the introduction of new technologies.
To maintain an edge in the web designing field, web developers need to constantly upgrade their knowledge and skills.
With so many updates released every week, it can be tough to know and keep yourself about everything. Hence, we have put together information about top web development and design trends for 2017.
Web Development Trends
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence is a hot topic in technology. AI is being implemented in the field ofÂ website development in form of Chatbots. There are several websites with auto assistants that offer replies to visitors, users, and shoppers to any queries related to customization and products/services offered on the website. Leading e-commerce players like Amazon, Dominos, and Taco Bell are developing their own Chatbots to offer superior customer experience.
- Progressive Web Apps with React.js: The React.js is one of the secrets behind the success of Facebook and Instagram. This JSÂ framework makes Web development straightforward and it can be easily integrated with any software architectural platform. Progressive Web Apps are a mix of application andÂ web browser which have fast page load performance, user-friendly design, and secure network connection.
- Angular 2: Angular 2 is getting popular and recently Googleâ€™s JS framework was redesigned to AngularÂ 2. In desktop and progressive apps, Angular 2 is used to create and manage animationÂ timelines and provide an engaging experience to the users.
Web Design Trends
- Virtual Reality(VR): Virtual Reality is the new trend that is expected to make the Web more immersive and interactive. For example, if you are surfing Amazon for a wedding gown, you can try it and see the dress from all angles. Also, you can try different dresses from the store by creating multiple avatars and select the one that looks best on you.
- Conversational UI: Conversational UI refers to â€œno buttons, all talkâ€. The structure of communication betweenÂ humans and computers is changing and today it is more in the form of voice commands and one-to-one interaction. In the coming years, you will see support assistants able to talk than justÂ text messages. The powerful speech technology will make use of online channels simpleÂ for all users.
- Cinemagraphs: Cinemagraphs are like gifs. They have moving elements that increase the engagementÂ and conveys the right message. Unlike gifs, they are less expensive and can be used forÂ almost every site â€“ eCommerce, social media, entertainment, and enterprise.
- Brighter Colors: The era of pastel and decent colors is fast fading and you can see web developers usingÂ Rainbow colors on the websites to delight their customers. Todayâ€™s users are dynamic andÂ they expect the website to carry a modern and fresh look with impressive colored layouts.
- Card Design and Grid Layouts: Card Design layouts are increasingly popular in website development due to theirÂ organization, flexibility, simplicity, and responsiveness. Grid layouts are particularly usefulÂ for pages with lots of data. The grid layout makes the information more accessible andÂ enticing.
- Authentic, high-quality photographs: Stock photography does not inspire trust so it is bad for web design and business. StudiesÂ show images showing real people have a good effect on visitors and increases chances of conversions. There are so many authentic photography sites and it is easy to find beautifulÂ high-quality images for your website.
If you havenâ€™t thought about these new trends in website development and website design, donâ€™t delay things further. As a web developer, it is your responsibility to employ these changes to create a user-friendly, seamless, practical website for your users.