In the digital day and age, practically everyone is required to have an online presence. They’re like a social security number, you can’t exist without it. But social media, it seems, is falling behind. You can use it for marketing and interact with your audience, but you’re definitely going to need your own webspace if you’d like to market something and get a decent following.
If you’ve already figured out what it is you want to do, you are going to need a website to make yourself available for more people.
Once you get your website, you can use it as your portfolio, or even as a store where people can buy your goods and services. The important thing to remember here is that your audience is going to be a lot more interested in you and your newfound brand if you accompany your website with a blog post every now and then.
Jump to your favourite topic
What started out as a simple, yet innovative online blogging platform is what now powers nearly 30% of all the websites on the internet. From news outlets to stores to universities and even to celebrities, everyone’s using it, and the web hosting companies are striving to make WordPress even more attractive.
It’s like the new Facebook but better!
And there are plenty of reasons why WordPress, although not originally a website builder, became such a popular choice among people. For starters, it’s very easy to use. You don’t need to learn or type any code, you just need to download the software and then install it on your website.
And the best part?
It only takes around five minutes to do the entire thing.
It’s also very flexible. There are thousands of themes and templates that you can choose from to personalize your website. Even if you’re out of ideas, there are plenty of them waiting readily for you.
Or, if you’re feeling really creative and know PHP, you can even develop your very own theme.
WordPress also has thousands of plugins, available at the click of a mouse button.
You need your website search engine optimized?
Want a safe and secure, yet easy to use the store to sell things?
It has everything you can possibly imagine. It’s also safe and secure to use, as it gets frequent core updates, and if you’d prefer to build your website using drag-and-drop features, there are themes for that too!
There are over 50,000 plugins available. There are even separate markets where people are designing and selling their own WordPress themes for you to use.
It’s the most used content management system (CMS) worldwide for a reason, with its popularity and usage constantly on the rise. Even companies like Forbes and The Wall Street Journal have decided to use it! Both Katy Perry’s and Rolling Stones’ websites are built on WordPress.
You can have your very own beautiful and fully functioning website, and get that online presence that you need very quickly.
If you’re still thinking about it and you’re unsure what to really choose, take a look at the WordPress infographic to learn more facts about it and make your decision.
51 Amazing Facts You Probably Don’t Know About WordPress
Infographic source: WebsiteBuilder.org
Infographic Excerpt: 51 Amazing Facts You Probably Don’t Know About WordPress
Few Key Facts about WordPress are listed below:
- 28% of websites are powered by WordPress.
- The famour ‘W’ logo was designed by Santa Maria in 2005; WordPress did not have a logo before that.
- 48% of Technorati’s Top 100 Blogs are managed with WordPress.
- Christine Tremoule coined the name “WordPress”.
- The first version of WordPress, WordPress 0.7, was introduced on May 27, 2003.
- WordPress Co-Founder Matt Mullenweg slept 6 hours a day to be more productive.
- WordPress is older than Twitter and Facebook.
- WordPress is written in PHP (61%) and MySQL.
- 2014 – WordPress was the most requested job skill worldwide.
- WordPress is available in 72+ languages.
- 11 of Fortune 500 companies use WordPress.
- All WordPress releases are named after Jazz artists.
- $286,355,625 were spent on ThemeForest for WordPress themes, since 2008.
- WordPress market share is 59.5% of all CMS.
- 49% of top 1M websites use WordPress, 5% Drupal, 3% Joomla.
- There are 1.5B+ WordPress plugin downloads.
- 52K+ WordPress plugins are available to download.
- 2.13M blog posts per day are published on WordPress sites using the Jetpack plugin.
- 44.8% of universities, colleges, and schools all over the world use WordPress.
- Most of the top celebrities use WordPress as their main medium of communication with their fans.
I hope the above facts are quite enough to choose WordPress as your CMS for your Business website or blog.
Enter your email below to get our weekly updates. And you get FREE access to our Exclusive → 1. Guide: Community Driven "Email Marketing Guide" → 2. eBook: "A 10 Steps Guide to Launch a Blog!" → 3. Tools: List of 20+ tools and services we use to run our site - when you opt-in.