Looking for ways to increase your website traffic? Don’t worry; we’ve got your back; continue reading, we will show you how to!
It is a desire for any marketer or a business owner to get more customers. When you ask any website owner what they would want on their website, they’ll definitely tell you it’s “more traffic.” The reason for their desire is that; more traffic equals more sales.
How do you increase your website traffic in today’s digital world where competition for readers is high? Everyone designing a website desires to get more traffic, and therefore, it’s time to stand out from the crowd.
There are numerous ways to increase traffic your website traffic, and in this post, we will look at five essential SEO principles that can help you achieve that.
Table of Contents
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and the process of driving more and quality traffic to your site via organic search results. SEO is more of incorporating the creative and technical elements to boost search engine ranking, increase traffic, and enhance your visibility online. There are numerous factors to SEO, which could include the word count on your pages and the backlinks you get on your website. Also, SEO can mean how you structure your site to make the search engines understand it easily. So, it’s all about making sure your site is search engine-friendly and human-friendly too.
That being said, let’s we will share below the SEO principles, that we are sure will help increase your website traffic.
Let’s get started.
1. Know The Status Of Your Existing Traffic
Before you can start to find ways to increase your website, you should know your site’s existing website traffic stats. This should be your starting point. It will help you know whether you need to change your tactics or put more effort into your existing strategies. So, you need to check your website traffic stats using Google Analytics. Note that you should not restrict yourself to Google Analytics, as there are many tools to check your website traffic.
In this case, you need to consider numerous factors such as:
- The bounce rate
- Exit pages
- Average time on site
- Traffic sources
2. Do SEO audit on your website
Once you’ve known your website’s current stats and you realized that you aren’t getting more traffic anymore, you should make a complete audit of your site. This is the best way to understand the cause of not getting more traffic. While you can hire experts to do it, you could DIY to save money.
Auditing will help you to know where your site stands and what you need to do to change the status. In this case, you will examine your entire website performance, coming up with new strategies from the results you discovered and implementing the strategies to achieve your goals.
These are the things you will be looking for during your site’s SEO audit:
- Are there SEO Meta title and Meta description in all your pages?
- Is your site optimized for SEO keywords? Note that you should not abuse keywords as this may make you get penalized by search engines as it is called keyword stuffing.
- Is your URL optimized for SEO? In this case, you need to shorten your website and make it simple so that search engines can easily understand what the page is all about.
- Is the structure of the pages and blog posts correct? In this case, you need to ensure to use the H1, H2, H3,… tags, use short paragraphs and sentences, and, if necessary, an appropriate CTA.
- Are all the images in your website named appropriately with ALT tags?
- Are there links to your content?
In this case, you need to include both internal and external links.
Ensure all the above SEO components are incorporated then head over to #3
3. Research the most popularly used Keywords
When it comes to SEO, keywords research is crucial since it’s the best way to know your website readers’ exact phrases to search for content on search engines. Before you start writing your content, you should find out the most searched phrases. Terry Larry, the author of the post on Research Paper Service, recommends website owners to use long-tail keywords as it is easy to rank for these keywords easily.
4. Write better content consistently
It has been said many times, but we should also let you know that content is king. If you publish quality content on your website and blog posts, you will earn social shares, backlinks and enhance your site user-experience. Any user who lands on your website pages and blog posts will navigate away if they don’t find better content, which will hurt your website traffic. So ensure to write content that will keep your readers want to read more.
To write better content use the tips below:
- Grab the reader’s attention the first time they land on your page: People are no longer impatient, so you need to get interested in continuing reading immediately they come to your site. Make them want to scroll down your content in the first few seconds they visit your site else; they will bounce out immediately, which hurts your website traffic.
- Write short sentences and paragraphs: Long sentences and paragraphs are boring to read. So try to shorten your sentences to 4 to 5 lines per paragraph. This will make your content more
scannable and readable.
- Be a story-teller: People like stories and so tell them stories. Stories are powerful when it comes to connecting people emotionally and can drive readers to take action.
Once you achieve this, your content will likely get shared by your readers and thus attracting more traffic to your website.
5. Practice internal linking
If you want to create quality backlinks, then you should use a good internal linking practice. The secret to creating quality links is linking to relevant posts you published before. Note that the internal linking of content is valuable for SEO and can also keep your readers hanging around your site, which increases time on site.
That’s it; we hope you now know what to do to increase your website traffic. You need to understand that SEO is not a one day practice; it takes time, effort, and practice before you can realize results.
These are not the only essential SEO principles to increase website traffic, there are plenty you can implement, but we’ve picked the most crucial ones. We hope the information we’ve shared here will help you attract more traffic and increase conversion rates to your site.