Words! Sentences! Paragraphs! The text-based content will continue to be an integral part of marketing.
BUT! If you want to cut through the noise and stand yourself apart, visual content is the key to your business success in the digital era.
Why? Well, studies show that our brains retain 65% of information if it is visual. Messages with imaginary settings compel people to act.
To harness the power of visual content, marketers are now making massive changes in their content marketing strategies. Used effectively, it can drastically empower your business-audience communication and boost your conversion rate.
To help you keep pace with this trend, look at key contributing factors and visual content marketing statistics. These stats demonstrate the impact of visual content on boosting reach, engagement, and sales of your business.
- Types of Visual Content
With so much visual content on the web, it can be challenging to stand out. Luckily, there are some rather innovative and creative visual formats you can use to create a truly unique post. Video content formats are not limited to JPG or infographic.
Take your marketing campaign to the next level with – Progress Gifs, Cinematography, Image Sliders, Visual Metaphors, Bitmojis, Mixed-Media Infographics and Meta Images.
- Video Marketing StaticsAudiences now prefer to watch a video about a product rather than reading lengthy descriptions. Around 67% of consumers enjoy watching online instructional, how-to or tutorial videos. Studies show that video content will span over 79% of all internet traffic by 2018. Emails with the word “video” in their subject line have 19% more open-rates and 65% more click-through rates.
- Emerging Visual Marketing TrendsFacebook users spend 3X more time on live videos than pre-posted videos. In 2016, 14% of marketers used live video option, which helped them engage more and more customers. Magnifyre found that 26% of people prefer 360-degree videos over traditional formats. Video under 51% of all videos on the web is browsed from the mobile devices.
- Infographic StatsAccording to Eye-tracking studies, internet readers spend more time on relevant information-carrying images. Infographics are shared on social media three-times more than other content formats. Infographics are the major B2B content marketing tactic due to its irresistible effect on customer engagement and sales.
- Social Media StatsBuzzSumo analysed over 1 million articles and found that articles with images after every 70-100 words received more shares than articles with fewer images. Instagram recently hit over 700 million users. Facebook users watch nearly 8 billion videos per day. Snapchat users share 9,000 photos every second. 44% of online women and 16% of online men use Pinterest.
- Image StatsIt has been found that 39% of the markets now plan to spend more of their budget on compelling visual content. 59% of marketers say professional photography performs the best on desktops and 55% say it performs the best on mobile devices.
- The Law of QualityWith growing popularity of cell phone cameras and numerous tools like Canva, customers have learned to create great pictures and videos themselves. They now know the right definition of high-quality, lifelike pictures and videos.
This is why crisp, highly-authentic and believable pictures and videos are must for a business to succeed online.
As you can see, visual content is becoming even more crucial for day-by-day. Though it’s challenging to create ultra-effective visuals, it is worth the effort and critical to success.