MBA is one of the most demanding degrees in the business world these days. In fact, pursuing an MBA is a good decision or not is a topic of debate. The reason behind this is the MBA is one of the most expensive degrees in the world. So most people choose to jump into the business world and earn money rather than pursue an MBA and spend a lot of money.
Table of Contents
But if you choose to pursue an MBA over the job, then it is a really good decision. A decision you will never regret!
There are various valid reasons for this. The first and foremost reason is that one with an MBA gets a salary with more zeroes over an employee with a regular master qualification. MBA graduates have a large tendency to raise at a faster pace. One can expect good and more incentives.
Not only, it enhances your career opportunities but also it attracts more employers for you than the candidate with regular masters. You get a chance to enjoy a better-consolidated business network in the business world.
Top colleges to pursue MBA
If you have decided to do an MBA, make sure that you are doing it from a good B-school. Although the MBA in itself is a very reputed degree when you do it from a good B school, its worth increases even more.
Some of the good B schools for MBA in India are:
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- XLRI – Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur
- Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Management, Indore
Above all mentioned are the top ten B schools of India. To get into these B schools, it is very important to choose the right entrance test. A test that can provide a better staircase towards MBA!
The answer is CAT. Yes, CAT Exam is a national-level management entrance exam accepted at all of the branches of IIMs in India and at other private institutes as well.
CAT – way to go!
CAT exam will be held in the month of December, this year. So aspirants willing to appear for the same must complete the application process via the official website after meeting the eligibility criteria.
Since the exam is to be held in the month of December. July is the best month to start with preparation. It not only gives you time to focus on the syllabus but also gives you the time to try sample papers and hence work on your week areas.
Top tips to ace in CAT
To prepare for CAT, you need to have a proper strategy. You must be aware of the syllabus and the other things which you may require while preparing for the exam.
Some of the tips you can keep in mind while preparing for CAT are:
- Know the syllabus: It is very important to know the syllabus for you. Before stepping in the process to prepare, go through the syllabus first and start preparing.
- CAT preparation strategy: Don’t start preparing randomly. Build up a proper strategy and work on it. Know about the books you will refer to and the tests you will take. Build up a schedule and work on it.
- Try mock test: Once you are done with the syllabus, try mock tests as much as you can. These help in identifying your strengths and weakness so that you can work more on what you lack.
- Know your strengths and weakness even more: Once you take a sample test or practice paper, you get to know in which areas you are good at and where you need to work more. So make sure that you know your strengths and weaknesses in a better way. It helps you to perform well in the examination.
- Be confident: It is very important to be confident while attempting the exam. Even if you have prepared well but if you lack confidence you won’t be able to perform well. Whatever your preparation is, attempt your exam with full confidence. Work on your speed. It is a very important factor that can help in boosting your confidence.