Struggling to fit into your pair of pants is a reality check that you are overweight. Your body image speaks well of how you view yourself and how other people see you, but physical appearance is not the only reason for plunging into a weight loss journey.
Obese people have a lot of adverse issues with their wellbeing, from joint pains to serious illness such as heart disease. Losing those excess pounds goes beyond fitting into your clothes, it is about the many health benefits from a trim figure.
You can have the best of both worlds, sip a steaming cup of delicious weight loss tea or herbal slimming tea for better health. These teas let you reach your goals faster and to enjoy the moment too. Start shedding that excess baggage by trying our selection of weight-reduction teas.
Table of Contents
Green Tea, “The Metabolism Booster”
Green tea is more than just a drink. It is packed with antioxidants and nutrients that work well on the body. Considered as one of the best foods for losing weight and cuts the body flab. It contains a compound called Epigallo Catechin Gallate (EGCG) which lifts metabolism and helps in weight loss.
- Before a sweat session take green tea. The catechins will boost the liverâ€™s ability to turn fat into energy which is vital to losing weight, especially in the belly.
- Green tea has caffeine which steps up the heartbeat when the heart bangs faster so do metabolism. Caffeine increases physical performance by making fatty acids ready for use as energy.
- It contains theanine a type of amino acid that lower stress that helps in weight reduction.
- However, drinking tea is not enough to lower weight; this should be combined with exercise and a healthy diet.
Oolong Tea, “The Pound-a-Week Melter”
Oolong in Chinese means black dragon. It is partially oxidized when dried under the sun. It has a distinctive flavor and an aromatic scent, the oxidation and color is in between green and black tea.
Here is how Oolong Tea can benefit your weight loss:
- The antioxidants in Oolong tea hunt toxic free oxygen radicals which cause weight gain.
- Weight loss is induced by the polyphenols and it has anti-inflammatory properties.
- The presence of EGCG and caffeine in Oolong tea fast-tracks fat oxidation.
- Metabolism is enhanced which burns fat in the belly and the upper arm.
- It increases the bodyâ€™s energy expenditure to offset the food intake stimulating weight reduction.
White Tea, “The Fat Blocker”
White tea is a boon to overweight people who want to remove the extra baggage. It is plucked while still young, dried naturally under the sun making it the least processed among teas and the best source of antioxidants. White tea also:
- Prevents the development of new fat cells fostering weight loss.
- Compiles the fat from matured fat cells and removes the extra fat from the body. This limits the deposit of fats in the body.
- Fuels lipolysis which is the process of burning fat in the body to get rid of the additional bulk.
- The presence of antioxidants and caffeine prompts metabolism in the body resulting in reduced weight.
- Curbs absorption of fat in the body, it helps in losing weight without stored fat.
- It can be ingested without sugar or milk which reduces calorie intake.
- Sipping white tea will make you feel full, reducing the craving for food that keeps the weight under control.
Rooibos Tea, “The Hunger Halter”
Rooibos tea is one of the best weight loss teas around, researches show that you can lose a kilo a month with a daily serving of one cup. The herbal tea comes from the leaves of a shrub Aspalathus linearis that is native only to South Africa.
Many people under stress tend to have poor eating habits. The flavonoid compounds, aspalathin, and nothofagin, found only in Rooibos tea suppresses the stress hormones that trigger signals to your brain to eat for comfort. The cortisol from the adrenal hormones pushes you to eat more even if youâ€™re full. This tea controls the urge, takes our mind away from food, and makes you feel more relaxed.
Rooibos tea has a natural sweet, mild taste with hints of honey and vanilla that is a great alternative for sugary beverages. It is a calorie free beverage for those who want to lose or manage weight.
This tea has no fat or carbohydrates. The weight reduction properties stop the storing of fat hormones in the body. It has no caffeine, 100% natural, and comes in a variety of flavors.
Featured image source: Freepik (Affiliate Link)