Content Marketing is one of the most powerful ways brands and individuals can connect with their audience. And out of all formats of content available today, video content is one of the most popular among the audience.
We earn a commission when you buy through the links on this page. Affiliate disclosure.
In fact, a study suggests that 92% of audiences prefer video content over other content formats. So, if you are a brand that wants to connect with the audience at a personal level, video content can be the answer.
Now, there are a lot of platforms available today for sharing your videos. But honestly, nothing comes close to YouTube shorts! The powerful YouTube algorithm and its immersive UI ensure people stay engaged with YouTube shorts, offering the creators more views.
But the issue is, there are gazillion creators out there who are battling to get a major chunk of viewers. So, they churn out a lot of content every day in the form of YouTube shorts.
Now, if you are a small business owner or a new creator, how to make a short on YouTube can be a challenge for you to compete against these content creators.
Solution? Ssemble Shorts Maker! This outstanding tool is rapidly gaining popularity amongst users due to its simple UI, effective pricing and outstanding performance. If you are wondering how to create YouTube shorts, Ssemble Shorts Maker has all the answers. You can use this tool to create YouTube shorts from your long-form video content.
In this Ssemble review, I will walk you through the tool itself, how you can use it effectively, and why Ssemble should be your go-to tool for creating shorts. But before that, it’s important to understand why YouTube shorts are so popular and why you should not miss out on utilizing them for engagement.
On this page
Why you should be using YouTube Shorts?
First off, there is no denying that YouTube shorts are super popular amongst users. In fact, there was a staggering uptick of 25% in the YouTube Shorts views, year-on-year. Given the current circumstances, the trend will continue in the future, too. So, as a brand or a content creator, you cannot miss out on an opportunity so great!
But why exactly are YouTube Shorts so effective and should that be included in your video marketing strategy? Well, the most striking feature of YouTube shorts is that they are designed for today’s fast-paced digital environment. Most creators have seen remarkable subscriber growth by posting short and vertical videos compared to the regular YouTube videos.
In fact, many have gained over 100,000 subscribers within just a month! The key? Their standout video wasn’t a lengthy traditional format but a concise, engaging YouTube Short.
The most amazing thing about YouTube Shorts is their accessibility and potential for wide reach. They are quick videos, lasting 60 seconds or less, and that’s what makes them perfect for grabbing viewers’ attention in shorter attention spans.
Shorts can quickly garner views and sky-rocket your channel’s total watch time. Now, remember, this is an essential metric for YouTube’s algorithm. Plus, YouTube counts any subscribers gained through Shorts towards the minimum requirement for the YouTube Partner Program (YPP), and this will open up avenues for monetization.
Moreover, YouTube Shorts don’t require heavy editing, and hence, creating them is a time-efficient task. They offer a fantastic opportunity to repurpose snippets from your long-form content and provide a fresh angle to engage your audience. This approach saves time and extends the life of your existing content.
The best part? YouTube Shorts provides an unparalleled platform to reach not just your subscribers but also a vast pool of non-subscribers. With the subscriber box always visible on Shorts, viewers who like your content can easily subscribe. A quick and easy way to enhance your channel’s growth potential, correct?
In short, YouTube Shorts are a great tool for both new and seasoned creators. They offer a unique blend of reach, engagement, and growth potential. As a creator, focusing on Shorts can help you establish a strong presence, particularly if you’re new to YouTube.
Now, let’s understand how you can use Ssemble Shorts Maker to leverage YouTube shorts.
How do you make a short on YouTube using Ssemble Shorts Maker?
Ssemble Shorts Maker is a feature of the Ssemble tool itself. If you have a Ssemble account, you can use it to log in to Ssemble Shorts Maker. If not, you will have to create an account. The best part is you can create a free account, too, if you are not quite sure about buying the tool right away.
Once your account is ready, follow these steps:
Step1: Login to your account
When you log in to your Ssemble Shorts Maker account, you will land on the page that looks something like the one you can see below:
Now, the first thing that left me awe-struck was the simplicity of the dashboard! There’s absolutely no clutter on the dashboard. All you have here is the tab to insert a video link from which you want to make shorts.
One important thing to point out here is that this tool is good at creating shorts from video podcasts, product reviews and other types of videos mentioned in the dashboard itself. If you are trying to create shorts from Vlogs, gaming videos or music videos, you won’t get good results. So keep that in mind.
Step 2: Insert the link and Create Shorts
Once you are on the dashboard, click insert the link of your video in the bar and hit on the “Generate Shorts” button. That’s it! Your task is almost done. Ssemble will analyze the video and create shorts based on that video.
Once your shorts are ready, you will get them via an email on your registered email ID. It’s that simple!
You will receive an email shortly that looks like the following image. You can download your video shorts from there.
But as you know, the job doesn’t end here. You cannot just upload the YouTube shorts without any editing, right? So what now? I will show you that in the next step.
Step 3: Start editing the video
As I already mentioned above, Ssemble is a full-fledged video creator and editor. So once you download your shorts from the email, go to Ssemble Projects. Or you can log in to your Ssemble account, go to
Features -> Online Video Editor -> Start Creating in Ssemble.
You will land on the project page as shown below. Here, click on Create Project to get started.
Step 4: Upload and Edit the Video
Now, once you click on Create Project, you will see a project window pop up. The first thing you have to do here is upload your video; in our case, it will be the shorts that we received in the email from Ssemble.
Now, there are a load of options when it comes to editing the shorts on Ssemble. You can add the titles, split the video, cut it, add subtitles, change backgrounds and much more!
For e.g., if you want to add music to your video, you can do so by clicking on the Audios > “Music” option on the left-hand side toolbar. There are a lot of options already available here. You can pick any of them. But make sure you follow the copyright instructions mentioned there.
Apart from this, you can add titles and other text to your video if needed. You can also add subtitles if you want to add them. But if your video is in English, Ssemble Shorts Maker automatically generates the subtitles, so there are no hassles there!
Step 5: Export your Shorts
Once you are done with your Shorts, the next step is to export it. Ssemble offers multiple options for this. You can export it in 10 video formats, including MP4, GIF, MK, AVI, and FLV.
Similarly, if you want to export just the audio file, you can do that too. You can choose the frame rate of the video while downloading it! See how in-depth work was done by Ssemble’s development team?
But wait, there is more! You can also share your video with your teammates to get a review before you upload it; that option, too, is available with Ssemble.
Now, let’s take a look at the key features of Ssemble that make it the best choice for creating YouTube Shorts.
- Tailored Video Formatting for YouTube Shorts: Ssemble excels in adapting your content to the unique vertical format required by YouTube Shorts. This feature ensures that your videos are not just visually appealing but are also perfectly formatted for optimal viewer experience on the platform.
- Advanced Subtitle Integration: The platform allows you to add subtitles with ease, providing the flexibility to place them anywhere on your video. This is crucial for making your content accessible to a broader audience, including those who rely on subtitles for a better understanding.
- Direct Export to YouTube Shorts: Once your editing is complete, Ssemble enables you to export your creations directly to YouTube Shorts. This seamless integration simplifies your workflow, allowing you to move from editing to publishing without any hassle.
- Universal Platform Compatibility: Ssemble’s compatibility with both PC and Mac systems, accessible via web browsers, breaks down barriers, providing a versatile editing environment. This compatibility ensures that you can edit your videos on any device at any time.
- Versatile Video Format Support: The tool supports a wide range of video formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, and more. This feature is essential for accommodating various types of video files, making Ssemble a flexible option for diverse video editing needs.
- Customizable Audio Options: With Ssemble, you have the freedom to incorporate your chosen music or sound effects into your videos. Whether you’re aiming for a specific mood or thematic coherence, the platform provides a wide array of audio options to enhance the overall impact of your content.
- ChatGPT Script Writer: This feature is a boon for those who struggle with scripting. Before you start editing, use this plugin to outline your video’s content. It’s particularly handy if you’re unsure about what to say or how to structure your video, offering a starting point for your creative process.
- Intro Maker: Make a strong first impression with a variety of customizable intros. This tool allows you to create an intro that not only captures attention but also sets the tone for your entire video.
- Auto Subtitle: This plugin is a time-saver for adding subtitles. It listens to your video and automatically generates accurate captions, ensuring your content is accessible to a wider audience, including those who prefer or need subtitles.
- Freesound: Enhance your video with a perfect soundtrack or sound effects from Freesound’s extensive collection of free, high-quality sounds. This feature allows you to add depth and emotion to your video through audio.
- Voice Creator by ElevenLabs: If recording your own voiceover isn’t an option, this plugin enables you to type your script, which is then converted into a natural-sounding voiceover, adding a professional touch to your video.
- YouTube Importer: This feature simplifies the integration of YouTube content into your videos. Import YouTube videos directly into your project without the hassle of separate downloads, enhancing your video with existing content.
- Background Remover: With the Background Remover plugin, you can swiftly erase backgrounds from your images, allowing for cleaner, more focused visuals that enhance your video’s overall quality.
- Google Drive and Google Photos Integration: This feature allows for direct import of videos or photos from your Google Drive and Google Photos into your Ssemble project. It streamlines the editing process, making it efficient and user-friendly.
- Cross-Platform Availability: Ssemble is accessible on both PC and Mac via web browsers, offering flexibility and convenience, regardless of your operating system. This ensures that you can edit your videos anywhere, anytime.
For those just dipping their toes into video editing, Ssemble’s Free Plan is a perfect start. It’s totally free and gives you access to the Shorts Maker with 10 minutes of upload time – great for crafting those quick, snappy videos.
You get one draft project, which is just enough to get the feel of things. Plus, with 2GB storage and 720p export quality, it’s pretty decent for casual use. And hey, a 5-minute export length really challenges you to keep your video content tight, engaging and SEO optimized for more visibility!
Now, if you’re ready to dive deeper, the Pro Plan at $30 a month (or $288 for a year) is where things get exciting. Imagine having 2400 upload minutes at your disposal – that’s a lot of creative space! Unlimited projects mean you can work on as many ideas as you like, and with 100GB storage, you’re all set for bigger projects.
The cherry on top? You get to export your videos in crisp 1080p quality, making your content look as professional as it gets. For those serious about their video game, this plan is a game-changer.
Pros and Cons of Ssemble Shorts Maker
- Ease of Use: Ssemble is designed for simplicity, making it accessible even to those new to video editing.
- AI-Enhanced Features: With AI-powered tools like scriptwriting and automatic subtitle generation, the editing process is streamlined.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Accessible on both PC and Mac through a web browser, offering great flexibility.
- Varied Pricing Plans: The Free and Pro plans cater to a wide range of user needs, from beginners to professionals.
- High-Quality Export Options: The Pro plan offers 1080p export quality, ensuring professional-grade video outputs.
- Limited Features in Free Plan: The Free plan is somewhat restrictive, with only 10 upload minutes and 2GB of storage.
- Export Length Restriction: Even in the Pro plan, the export length is capped at 20 minutes, which might limit creators planning longer content.
Ssemble: Is It Worth It?
Absolutely! Ssemble strikes a fine balance between simplicity and sophistication. Whether you’re a newbie or a pro, it’s packed with AI-enhanced features that simplify complex editing tasks. The flexibility of working across platforms and the choice between a free and a feature-rich pro plan cater to a diverse range of creative needs.
While the free plan is somewhat limited, it’s a great starting point. The pro plan, with its high-quality exports and generous upload limits, is a boon for serious creators. In short, Ssemble is a valuable tool for anyone looking to make a mark in the world of digital content.
Ssemble’s YouTube Shorts Maker is more than just a video editing tool; it’s a catalyst for creativity and engagement. By harnessing its capabilities, you can produce captivating and strategically aligned content for better marketing and branding. It’s time to elevate your brand’s digital narrative with Ssemble.
Can I use Ssemble for professional video editing?
Yes, Ssemble’s Pro Plan offers features like 1080p export quality and 2400 upload minutes, making it suitable for professional video editing.
Is Ssemble easy for beginners?
Absolutely! Ssemble is user-friendly, with AI-enhanced tools that simplify the editing process, making it ideal for beginners.
Does the free Ssemble plan offer enough features to start?
The free plan is great for starters, offering basic features like 10 upload minutes and 720p export quality, perfect for trying out simple video editing.