Have you visited the sites that ask for membership payments before accessing their content? These sites make money online by rendering online services like courses, content, etc. using Membership plugins.
Do you wish to make money through these plugins? WordPress offers exceptional Membership plug-ins to help you with the same.
Read this article to know about some of the best WordPress Membership plug-ins and a small guide on choosing these plugins for your site:
On this page
1. Ultimate Membership Pro WordPress plug-in
Ultimate Membership Pro is a plugin that you can integrate with your website along with WooCommerce. Its well-organized design and features let you leave an excellent impact on your prospects. The plugin helps you provide your audience with multiple levels of payments for the membership.
This ensures that your audience pays for what they require from your business. Further, the developers also offer regular discounts on the plugin to help you save on your expenses.
Reach out to your WordPress hosting experts to get this plugin integrated with your WordPress site.
- Successful integration of multiple payment gateways like PayPal, Mollie, Authorize.net, etc.
- Restriction on WordPress pages and posts until your audience makes the payment
- Sending email notifications
- Creating customized fields for registration
- Regular updates of multiple features
You can get this plugin for $29/ 6 months and extend it to one year by adding $9 to this price.
You can restrict your users from paid content on your site using this WordPress plugin. It has a free version that offers limited add-ons for membership plans. The dashboard is very well organized for you to view the current memberships, inquiries, plans, and expiring subscriptions.
You can use the demo section of this plugin to customize your registration, login, and membership setup forms.
- Integration of multiple payment gateways like PayPal
- Integration of active campaigns and affiliate pro-plug-in for generating revenue.
- Shortcode for hiding the desired content on your site
- Customized redirects to the membership offer and payment gateways
- Integration with third-party plugins like WooCommerce, Mailchimp, etc.
The plugin is available for free if you choose the basic version, but if you need some extra extensions and features you will have to pay $29 for the premiere version.
MemberPress offers a full fledge membership suite for digital products, coupons, as well as drip content. It helps you build affiliate programs with no extra charges. They provide one-time solutions with further add-ons in the premier versions. Signing up for their newsletters will let you know about the upcoming discounts on the features.
You can avail of them from time to time to save more on the Membership plugins. Our WordPress Membership Plugin experts will notify you from time to time regarding the offers. You can choose any of the managed WordPress hosting services for better integration, customization, and savings.
MemberPress – Building WordPress membership sites
WordPress plugin that enables you to build a sustainable online business through paid membership programs.
- Integration with email marketing tools like Mailchimp, Aweber, etc.
- Easy content restriction for posts, creatives, videos, etc.
- Built-in course builder to create informative and valuable educational content
- Integration of payment gateways including PayPal
- Coupon generation, custom pricing, analytics, and content dripping
You can purchase a single site license for MemberPress at $129/year.
Teachable is another WordPress plugin that offers you to drive income from your WordPress website. You can manage your memberships, content, payment, and much more using this plugin. If you using managed WordPress hosting, installing this plugin also becomes easier for you. Further, you will get regular updates about coupon discounts and special saving offers.
Teachable – Create and sell online courses
Teachable helps to customize your courses, link your website to teachable and get leads on your website, integrate it with different tools, and do everything you require setting up eLearning courses.
- Creation of stunning membership sites with a variety of content including text, audio, video, images, infographics, and much more.
- Integration of learning tools like quizzes, and surveys for regular assessments
- Features to build affiliate programs, marketing campaigns, offering discounts and coupons, etc. for sales and marketing.
- Simple and well-organized dashboard for managing the members availing of your plans.
- Integration of international payment gateways accepting multiple currencies.
Teachable costs around $29/month with all the exciting features.
This WordPress Membership plugin is exclusively for creating and monetizing your courses. You can create valuable courses for your users and restrict selected content. Thus, they can have a glimpse of your course and move forward to pay you for complete access. Managed WordPress hosting experts offer this plugin and also help you curate exciting courses on your WordPress website that can drive revenue.
- Creation of various types of courses like video training, professional and educational skills development, higher education training, etc.
- Interactive templates for launching and selling the courses
- Well-organized dashboard for you as well as the audience to track the progress of the course
- Feature for distribution of certificates and rewards for students’ accomplishments
- Multi-tier course creation with the clear bifurcation of topics and integration of assessments like quizzes and assignments
The pricing plans for this plugin start from $159 per annum and the amount raises depending on the additional features and number of sites.
6. Paid Membership Pro
Paid Membership Pro is a WordPress plugin that enables you to launch a variety of Membership websites to generate revenue online. Be it a course, content, or group membership, you can use this plugin to manage your plans.
If you are using hosting services by Kinsta, you will definitely find this plugin in the list of your WordPress add-ons. It has a free version that can be updated to premium for additional services. This plugin is highly recommended for creating simple membership sites.
- Integration of email marketing tools like Mailchimp
- Email marketing templates
- WooCommerce and AbbPress integration
- Multi-level membership pricing systems
- Insertion and customization of advertisements under the plugin
The basic version is available for free. If you wish to avail yourself of premium features, you can go for the $249/ annum plan.
S2 Member is a valuable WordPress Membership plugin that has no recurring payments. It offers precise content protection and integrates payment gateways to redirect interested users toward the same. Managed WordPress Hosting experts offer services for installing and customizing this plugin to make the maximum out of your Membership plans. Avail of the pro plan of this plugin to get optimum benefits.
- Open registration setups
- Giving out discounts and coupons to the audience
- Automated email marketing through the integration of email list
- Tailormade login and registration fields
- Security badge with the plugin to build trust among users
The plugin is free for the basic plan and if you wish to shift to pro, you need to make a one-time payment of $89.
BuddyBoss is known for exciting themes that can also integrate with your WordPress themes. Managed WordPress Hosting services also allow you to launch a completely new Membership site using the exclusive themes of this plugin. Although they don’t have a free version, you can go to the demo section to get an idea about the output. You can launch customized online membership programs using this plugin.
- Improved flexibility with exciting themes
- Features for handling multi-level membership plans
- Linking the membership plans with the WooCommerce platform
- Integration of quizzes, assessments, and reports
- Integration with page builders like Gutenberg, Elementor, etc.
The plugin can be purchased for $228/ annum with yearly renewals.
WP-Members is the WordPress Membership plugin that most managed WordPress hosting recommends for cost-effective solutions. The plugin doesn’t have a premium version but you can upgrade the free version by adding extra features.
Restriction of the desirable content on your WordPress site becomes easier with this plugin. The management interface is quite basic with all the necessary features for tracking your membership plans.
- Flexibility to enhance your site’s functionalities
- Customizable registration and login forms
- Integration of login module to multiple spaces on your website
- API integrations
- Automated generation of teasers for your blogs
The basic plan is available for free. If you wish to go for add-ons, it can range from $59 to $125 per year.
10. Ultimate Member
Another cost-effective solution recommended by most of the managed WordPress Hosting experts is the Ultimate Member plug-in. The basic version is available for free with extra charges only if you shift to the premium plugin. The premium plugin consists of a variety of extensions such as Social media integration, User reviews, Mailchimp, etc.
- Variety of extensions for upgrading your plugin and Membership functionalities
- Exceptional interfaces that engage your audience
- Features like drag and drop builder and Gutenberg integration
- Exciting WordPress themes
- 24*7 customer support
The basic version is free with some extensions. But if you wish to avail yourself of a bundle of extensions, go for the $249 per year plan.
11. Restrict User Access
Experts offer this free Restrict User Access membership plugin if you have a restricted budget for your membership site. You can restrict selective content on your site, integrate registration and login forms, and set up payment methods for generating revenue through the membership site. If you want to upgrade your features, the same developer also offers some paid plugins for your membership website.
- Unlimited access
- Setting up expiry dates for memberships
- Shortcodes for restricting desired contents
- API integration for customizable plans
- Integration with other plugins like Pods, BuddyBoss, etc.
The plugin is absolutely free.
12. Simple Membership
Simple Membership is another free WordPress Membership plugin with exceptional features for your Membership site. It supports multiple languages enabling you to spread your business across many countries. It integrates multiple payment methods to collect membership fees from the global audience.
- Multiple add-ons that are essential for your membership site
- Multi-tier memberships with varying payments
- Selective content restriction
- Multi-language support
- Generating teasers for your content
The plugin is absolutely free.
Generating revenue online is now easy with WordPress Membership plugins. Go through the above-mentioned list to get an idea about the variety of plugins available. You can choose any of them depending on your requirements.