Increasing conversion rates is one of the top priorities for anyone running their own business. Conversion rates are incredibly low for a lot of businesses. For instance, in the eCommerce industry, the conversion rate is only 2.04%. If you want your conversion rates to increase, you need to work hard to achieve your goals.
There are certain aspects that have a great influence on your conversion rates. If you don’t focus on them, your business won’t be as successful as you hope. However, if you put an effort into those aspects, your conversion rates will rise and your business will flourish.
Here are the most important aspects you need to focus on for high conversion rates in 2020.
Table of Contents
The perfect logo
When someone mentions a company, the first thing that most people think of is that company’s logo. There are many memorable logos that are famous all over the world that are not only used for brand visibility, but for marketing as well.
A well-designed logo can be very beneficial for your marketing campaign. Your logo is the face of your company that builds brand identity. Your logo can also improve conversion if it has the right characteristics.
Here is what a good logo can do:
- Attract visitors. Most unique logos are very attractive to customers, especially to the company’s target audience. When you’re designing the logo, think about what kind of styles, colors, and images will resonate with your target audience and what will be appealing to them.
- Show what the company does. A lot of successful companies have logos that show the customer exactly what the purpose of the business is and what they’re selling.
- Engage customers. If a logo is designed with the target customer in mind, it will be easy for the company and logo to engage with those same customers. Even a logo that has a simple design can have a bold and engaging personality that attracts customers.
- Cause an emotional connection. This emotional connection can be created by engaging customers who love the business and are loyal to it. This kind of emotional connection is the main reason why a good logo that engages customers can increase conversions.
Some companies hire designers to create their logos. But that can be really expensive and 67% of small businesses will pay $500 for a logo design. A better and much cheaper alternative is to use a free logo creator and create your perfect logo that will attract visitors and increase conversions.
Email marketing is one of the most popular marketing techniques and a lot of marketers make this strategy their top priority for various reasons. It’s good for engaging with new and old customers and increasing conversion rates.
You need to create your email marketing campaign to not only have a satisfactory email open rate but also a good email conversion rate. This rate represents the percentage of your subscribers who complete an action that depends on your company’s conversion goal.
There are a few things you need to remember if you want your email marketing campaign to be a success.
- Segment your email list. Segment your email recipients by their demographics and psychographics as well as their browsing activity and purchase history to get a better understanding of who you’re communicating with.
- Write compelling email subject lines. You won’t be able to convert customers if they don’t even open your email. Entice your subscribers to open the email a compelling and click-worthy subject line that will drive curiosity and pique their interest.
- Send the right email. The type of email you send depends on the stage of the sales funnel your email recipient is in. If you’re trying to get them interested in your company, a cold email works great. Once they’re in the funnel, you can start sending content such as welcome emails and re-engagement emails.
- Optimize for mobile. Most of us use mobile phones daily and approximately 49% of all emails are opened on mobile devices. If you don’t optimize for mobile and allow your email recipients to convert via their mobile device, you will probably lose a lot of potential customers.
Your website’s landing page
When potential customers visit your website from an ad you created, the first thing they see is your landing page. This page on your website needs to have one purpose: to encourage website visitors to take action. Most landing pages encourage visitors to go to another part of your website or collect lead data.
If you want to create a converting landing page, you need to know which elements you need to include in it.
- Headline. Landing page headlines need to deliver a message to the website visitor in a clear and concise way and also suggest a solution to their problem. A good headline usually provides social proof or valuable information to website visitors that will encourage them to explore your website further.
- Lead magnet. Most people won’t take action when they visit a website unless they can get something of value in return. Lead magnets are the perfect way to entice those website visitors who aren’t sure whether or not they want to convert.
- Opt-in form. Every website has an opt-in form for one reason or another, even if it’s just to collect the visitor’s website address. These forms vary from website to website and their length usually depends on the design of the landing page, your industry, and the type of lead magnet you’re offering to visitors.
- CTA. Your landing page isn’t complete without a call to action (CTA) that tells your visitors what to do, how to do it, and what they will get in return for doing it. The CTA is usually a button that’s easy to spot and click. Some websites have multiple CTA buttons for different actions on their landing page.
The checkout process
You might not realize this, but your checkout process can be a big reason why your website isn’t seeing high conversion rates. Even if a website visitor reaches the final step of conversion and is at the very end of the sales funnel, your checkout process might ruin that.
If this process is overly complicated or inconvenient, a high number or website visitors won’t even finish their transactions and abandon their cart. So if you want to increase your conversion, you have to simplify this process as much as possible.
Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Don’t add extra checkout charges. Don’t surprise your customers with additional fees as they check out, as that will only infuriate them. Always be honest about all prices and charges and display them on the product pages so customers know what to expect when they check out.
- Remove distractions. Visitors who arrive on this page are ready to convert, but they can easily change their mind if you distract them. Keep this page simple and free of any pop-ups or additional boxes.
- Allow various payment options. People love to shop online mostly because it’s very convenient. If your store doesn’t accept their preferred method of payment, you take that convenience away from them. Allow your website visitors to pay with credit cards, debit cards, PayPal, and other available options.
- Don’t push registration onto customers. It’s normal to ask website visitors to register to your website, just don’t do it on the checkout page. Some people aren’t ready to register and commit to a website, so it’s better to allow them to purchase their products without registering.
Achieving more conversions isn’t as hard as some website owners think. While it does require some effort, half of the journey is knowing which aspects of your website and sales funnel you need to focus on. As soon as you optimize those parts, you will soon notice an increase in conversion rates.
Featured image source: Freepik