Save Yourself from Gas Accidents!

Winter is approaching, and the Christmas season is coming around. Every year at this time we make sure and ask top gas suppliers to start an awareness campaign to ensure safe and adequate use of gas around the country. We receive reports of many accidents happening near Christmas time which is very sad and dreadful.

Many families fall prey to fire and blasts due to the mishandling of gas and supplies, especially in winters. Today we will like to talk about this problem so that our readers can help themselves and use precautions when using heaters and other gas appliances in winters.

Avoid Excessive Use of Gas!

Excessive use of gas is not right at any time of the year, so one should avoid burning gas around the clock without paying attention. Not only you are wasting gas, but also the appliance that is running on gas needs rest, and it is not right to run it continuously for hours. Other than this, the burning of gas in a room or in your house for that matter depletes the oxygen from your surroundings. It burns oxygen, and it gives out carbon monoxide which is a deadly gas if inhaled for hours. This is a very serious problem, and many people have reported having fallen prey to this mishap.

Lack of Oxygen Due to The Burning of Gas!

What happens is that in winters, we don’t pay attention to oxygen and ventilation ducts. We close all the doors and all the windows of our rooms and house, and we run heaters on gas day and night, now what happens is that if there is no exhaustion or ventilation in your room and your heater is running then understand this that you are going to die a very painful death in your sleep because it takes only 5 to 6 hours for a heater to poison the room and kill all the oxygen. So if you don’t want this to happen to you then make sure you don’t use the heater excessively, and even if you do make sure there is a proper channel for ventilation in your room so that oxygen keeps on coming from outside.

Lack of Attention Results in an Explosion!

The next most reported mishap is to leave the stove gas running. This is way too deadly and dangerous that you can’t even imagine. Recently a couple was reported to have died in a blast in their home due to this mishandling and lack of attention. What happens is when you leave the gas running the room fills up with burnable gas, and it waits for a trigger to just lighten up and explode. If you have no idea about the gas running and you turn on even a single light in that room than it can result in a devastating explosion that will burn you and your house for hours. Using gas is not a joke as it is a very combustible and explosive source of energy and you have to handle it very carefully.

Misuse of gas can kill you, and we have explained it to you above. Now it’s up to you whether you want a happy Christmas time or you want to get involved in any deadly accident. Most importantly never leave children unattended with gas and gas appliances.

Featured image source: Freepik

Published by Nishitha

I am done with my Physiotherapy Graduation. And I always try to share Health and technology tips with people. Apart from Physiotherapy and being a tech savvy, I do explore more on Technology side and I keep sharing my findings with wider audience.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Thank you for sharing the article across social media. You can follow us in these paltforms to receive latest updates from WittySparks.

Send this to a friend