Today almost every business owns a website to mark their digital presence. And given the rise of the internet & penetration of digital, websites have become critical. So if you, too, own a business, having a great website is paramount.
But make no mistake, building a great website & leave it as it will get you no results. You must take steps that enable your potential customers to find your website & reach out to you easily.
And for that, you will need robust SEO strategies in place. SEO or Search Engine Optimization is optimizing multiple on-site & off-site factors that help a website appear on the top of Google’s search results.
SEO can be complex, but with reliable & efficient SEO tools, you can easily optimize your website to rank better on Google. One such tool that is rapidly becoming popular amongst SEO specialists is Surfer SEO.
Many SEO experts have started using this tool to optimize websites & are getting phenomenal results.
But, I don’t always trust what I hear. Hence, I finally decided to put Surfer SEO through rigorous testing to find out.
So, What is Surfer SEO? is Surfer SEO that great? Is Surfer SEO the best SEO tool ever? How Surfer SEO fares against its competitors? What are some Surfer SEO Alternatives? Is there any Surfer SEO deal?
Let’s find out!
On this page
What is Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is an AI-powered & Cloud-based SEO tool that helps SEO experts & website owners write web copies for your WebPages, blogs & articles. Surfer SEO also lets you compare your web pages against the pages & the Content that ranks better on Google.
It’s equipped with multiple tools like a Keyword Research tool, Content planner, Content Editor & SERP analyzer. All these tools come together & help you optimize your web pages so they can rank better against your competitors on Google.
Surfer SEO accomplishes this task by utilizing AI(Artificial Intelligence). Surfer SEO analyzes your competitor’s Content to identify what makes them rank better. Later, it uses this data to guide you in creating powerful copies that can easily help your WebPages outrank their competitors. Surfer SEO weighs in multiple factors that can help boost your website’s ranking.
In short, Surfer SEO is your one-stop tool for creating SEO-optimized Content that can help you rank above your competitors.
How Surfer SEO works?
Surfer SEO can perform multiple functions like keyword analysis, Content editing & optimization, SERP analysis & website audit. All these features can prove to be of great help in improving your SEO.
Here is how you can use Surfer SEO to boost your ranking with their different tools.
The Surfer SEO’s content editor is designed to assist you in crafting search-engine-optimized copies for your website. Apart from this, you can also use Content Editor to create a structure for your Content. This structure can help other writers from your team to create highly efficient & SEO-friendly copies.
In fact, Content Editor is the mainstay of the whole tool. Bu considering multiple factors helps you create SEO-friendly content. These factors include keyword density, number of images, number of words, keyword density & much more.
All these factors come together & help you create powerful Content. The best thing I liked about Surfer SEO is that it offers real-time content scores. Surfer SEO arrives at this score after analyzing your Content based on multiple factors. So, having a good Content Score means your Content will fare better on Google. Ideally, I’ll recommend your Content Score should be around 80.
Apart from this, the Content Editor of Surfer SEO also shows you the contextual keywords. These are the keywords that appear in your competitors’ Content and are ranking at the top. So adding these keywords to your content will help boost your ranking on Google. How cool is that? I was seriously blown away by this remarkable feature when I first saw it!
As shown in the image, the Content score of this particular piece is 34, which is poor. Content Editor also shows you how many words you should have in the blog ideally. In this case, the ideal number of words is between 13,989 to 23,648. As the actual number of words is less, it needs improvisation. Moreover, you can also see the number of ideal characters displayed.
Content Editor also shows you how many images & paragraphs you should have in your Content. If you have above or below the range, it will recommend you to decrease or increase the numbers.
Another interesting feature of Surfer SEO’s Content Editor is Competitor selection. Based on the topic your select to write down some copy, the tool identifies your competitor’s Content that is ranking high & has an excellent Content score. This is a great way to understand what type of Content is helping your competitors to rank higher. You can knock out similar Content & get excellent results.
When you are creating content for the web, it’s important to analyze how it performs as compared to your competitors. Directly uploading the Content without testing it is a mistake. You’ll lose crucial time & resources over such Content. So it’s better to analyze before you take your Content live.
This is where SERP Analyzer of SEO can be of great help. This tool lets you analyze how your content fairs against your competitors. It does so by weighing in multiple SEO factors.
SERP Analyzer can identify the common structure & writing pattern from the top pages. This will help you optimize your Content accordingly, without manually visiting each of the top pages.
Here is the list of some top SEO-Factors that the SERP analyzer checks instantly:
- Text length
- Number of headings
- NLP entities coverage
- Page speed
- Keyword density
- NLP Sentiment
- Referring URLs
- Referring domains
- Meta tags structure
Use SERP analyzer to discover the optimal Keywod density for your target phrase, find link-building opportunities,& can test your Content based on multiple other SEO factors.
Ranking web pages for highly competitive keywords is quite challenging. But you cannot afford to miss out on some of the high-volume & high-traffic keywords. So the better strategy is to have a website with a lot of topical relevance & supportive Content in the form of cluster pages that can support pillar pages.
Eneter Surfer SEO’s Content Planner! This amazing feature is another thing that I liked the most about Surfer SEO. It helps you find out a lot about cluster tropics. In simple terms, it helps you find out relevant keywords & topics around your pillar pages. These relevant keywords have low search volume & can help you rank better easily.
All you have to do is enter the keyword in the search bar & you’ll get the list. Moreover, you can use multiple filters like Content Score, Search Volume & Intent. This is an extremely useful feature as you can easily create content that can rank easily on the SERPs without much effort.
But the story doesn’t end here! The Surfer SEO takes this process one step further. You can connect your Content Planner & Domain. This will help you find out relevant keywords & topics for the pillar pages.
This is an amazing feature that I have constantly been using once I started using Surfer SEO.
So if you are looking to get the best of your Content in terms of SEO, I strongly recommend utilizing this feature from Surfer SEO.
Surfer Keyword Research:
Keyword Research is an essential part of any Copywriting process. To get your Page on the top of SERP, you need to build your Content around the best keywords. And when you use Surfer SEO, you get the best Keyword research tool.
Although not too different from Ahref or Semrush in terms of features, the Surfer Keyword Research tool holds its own. It’s easy to use, simple & efficient. But one thing that annoyed me is you will have to input keywords manually. Once you hit the centre, you’ll see the list of keywords with all the other necessary data.
You can select any one of them & start churning out SEO-friendly Content.
Now that we have understood some prominent Features of Surfer SEO let’s talk about Surfer SEO Pros & Cons.
Pros and cons of Surfer Seo
Pros of Surfer SEO
- Helps your write SEO-friendly Copies: Many things go into creating SEO-friendly copies. You’ll have to focus on factors like word length, the number of characters in the title, keyword density, cluster keywords & much more. Tracking all these components can be a daunting task. But with Surfer SEO, your job becomes super easy. It’s loaded with so many features that you can easily craft highly efficient copies for your Business. Features like Content Score, number of images, number of subheadings, keywords & word count comes to your rescue.
- Shows how your Copy performs against the high-ranking ones: This AI-powered tool deeply analyzes the structure & written Content of the top-ranking pages that have relevant topics & keywords that you are using. After analysis, it offers you complete details on your ideal word count, what it should be, the number of images & how many paragraphs should be in your Copy. This data can help craft SEO-friendly Content as you already know what the structure should be to rank better.
- Helpful in Keyword Research: Keywords are at the core of every SEO campaign. You need a lot of high-ranking & low-volume keywords that you can include in your copies. Surfer SEO can help you here too. You can find some of the best keywords using this amazing Keyword Research feature.
Surfer SEO will get you easy to rank, long-tail & low volume keywords pretty easily.
- Analyzes your Copy for 500+ ranking factors: Ranking on Google is not an easy job. You’ll have to keep track of hundreds of SEO-ranking factors. Frankly speaking, that’s not possible without any SEO tool. Thankfully, Surfer SEO comes to your rescue. It considers 500+ ranking factors & offers necessary suggestions in real-time while you create copies for your Business.
- Works with Google Docs: Today, a lot of Businesses use Google docs. And when you have multiple writers working on the same project, using Google docs makes sense. Fortunately, Surfer SEO works with Google docs too. All you have to do is install the Chrome Extension & you are good to go.
- Helps in Content Planning: The Content Planner feature of Surfer SEO is very helpful. It tests and identifies relevant topics based on your pillar web pages. This helps you in creating relevant content, resulting in a better ranking.
- 7-days Money-guarantee: This is the thing I loved about Surfer SEO. You can simply ask for your money back if you are not satisfied with the results. All you have to do is send them a mail & ask for the refund.
Cons of Surfer SEO
- No Free Trial Available
- It’s a bit complex for a newbie as the amount of data can be overwhelming
- You might feel it’s costly, but the money you pay is worth it.
Surfer SEO Pricing
Check out the complete Surfer SEO pricing in the image below. For more details, you can visit their website here.
Surfer SEO Support
Surfer SEO offers 24×7 live chat support, which is an excellent feature. You can easily reach out to them & their experts will assist you in every possible way. In short, Surfer SEO support is excellent.
Surfer SEO Alternatives
If you are looking for Surfer SEO Alternatives, you should surely check out these tools:
- Clear scope.
Surfer SEO is a one-stop solution to all your SEO-writing needs. It’s a great SEO tool, loaded with all the necessary features. Its price is a bit expensive, but trust me, it’s worth it.
I hope you have found this detailed Surfer SEO review helpful. If you have queries about some other tools, please visit my website here.
The #1 Content Intelligence tool that merges content strategy, creation, and optimization into one process – to help content teams grow brands, organic traffic, and revenue.
Does Surfer SEO offer a free trial?
No, they do not offer free trials.
Is the Content Editor of Surfer SEO effective?
Yes, it’s very effective.
Will I get access to the SERP analyzer with the basic plan?
Yes, the SERP analyzer & Content Planner comes with all the plans.