If you have landed on this page, you are on the quest to find the best email marketing tool for your business. In this MailerLite Review, we will deep dive into MailerLite, an email marketing tool like the one you are looking for.
We earn a commission when you buy through the links on this page. Affiliate disclosure.
But before getting started on the MailerLite Review. Here at WittySparks, we focus on helping people make the right decisions about purchasing various SEO, Email Marketing, Copywriting & Digital Marketing tools.
We offer you an unbiased view of each tool, covering all the good & the bad parts. Said that we might receive a commission in some cases when you purchase tools via our affiliate links. But one thing is sure, here, you will always get an honest opinion from us.
Now let’s begin with the MailerLite Review!
MailerLite – An Email Marketing Software
MailerLiter enables you to send professional emails, grow your mailing list, attract an audience with landing pages and pop-ups, create surveys, automate sending emails, and more. It helps you create campaigns from start to finish. It has a drag-and-drop editor and many app integrations.
On this page
Why do you need an email marketing tool at all?
Email marketing is quite popular amongst e-commerce businesses. Given its flexibility to efficiently promote its products & services, it makes sense to leverage email marketing. But it’s almost impossible to manually manage your email marketing campaigns, especially if you want to reach out to many people.
That’s where email marketing tools like MailerLite can come to your rescue. They automate many of your email marketing tasks, boosting your overall productivity.
MailerLite – An Overview
MailerLite is a web-based email marketing tool that helps businesses target their web visitors, reach out to more potential customers via email & grow their mailing lists. Currently, they have a client base of around 800,000. Such a large number of clients in this competitive niche say a lot about their credibility.
But what makes MailerlLite even more worthy is its powerful features, variable & affordable pricing structure, drag & drop page builder, email automation tools, analytics & much more!
In this MailerLite review, we will briefly examine each of these features.
What are the best MailerLite Features?
1. Comprehensive Email Marketing Setup
MailerLite offers one of the most comprehensive email marketing setups. This setup allows you to manage your e-marketing campaign from one place easily. Here are some features that I liked the most during my MailerLite Review:
- Creating email campaigns & personalized emails: You can use the drag & drop builder to create your newsletter or use the available template for creating email campaigns. If you wish, you can also share personalized emails with a group of people.
- Build a Stronger email list: The more people hear from you, the more business you get. With MailerLite, you can create creative pop-ups, compelling viewers to sign-up for your email list.
- Drag & Drop Builder: I just loved how easy it is to create newsletters & customize them using Drag & Drop Builder.
- A/B testing: You can try different email layouts with different written content & graphics to perform split testing.
- Automate your email marketing: You can create a multi-stage onboarding process for new customers using automation tools.
In short, MailerLite is a one-stop solution for all your marketing needs.
2. Create a Subscriber list seamlessly.
MailerLite can help you create your subscriber list from scratch if you start your email marketing for your website. And if you are already using some other tool, you can easily import the contacts via CSV files.
Based on my MailerLite Review, I can say it offers an easy way to create a list for someone just starting. All you have to do is integrate MailerLite into your website & utilize the already existing pop-ups & subscriber forms. And if there are none, you can create them with MailerLite.
3. Efficient Subscriber Management
MailerLite offers an excellent Subscriber Management tool. Here, you can manage each & everything from groups & segments to fields. You can either create your own fields or use the predefined ones offered by the tool.
During my MailterLite Review, I realized that using MailerLite; you can create groups by defining certain conditions. This feature can be handy once your email list grows considerably. But that’s not it. You can further classify each group into segments based on age, shopping behavior, or location. This list can be utilized for sending personalized emails.
4. Effective Campaign-building
This is the MailerLite feature that I loved the most! It’s very detailed, effective & efficient. After all, which e-commerce player wouldn’t like to create an effective campaign quickly?
With MailerLite, you can create standard email campaigns, newsletters or auto-responder emails. To begin with, MailerLite offers three types of Campaign Builders:
- Rich Text Editor: To use this feature, you should have some basic knowledge of HTML. Using Rich Text Editor, you can create simple yet effective text-based campaigns. Although text-based campaigns are not so effective on their own, they can be an excellent complementary tool.
- Drag & Drop Newsletter Editor: Drag & Drop Editor is a great tool, especially for those who have no idea about HTML coding! You can create outstanding newsletters by just picking & placing ready-made blocks available. You can also choose pre-designed templates to kick-start your email marketing campaigns. You can add text, modify the email layout & choose outstanding images from the library. The best part? An editor will automatically pick the images of the product mentioned, saving you a lot of trouble! And if you want to add custom images from your system, you can do that too.
- HTML Editor: This is where you take your campaign building to the next level. If you are unsatisfied with the Drag & Drop builder & want more customization, MailerLite offers you a custom HTML editor. Using this editor, you can create your templates from scratch & customize them as per your liking. The only prerequisite is that you should have good HTML coding knowledge.
5. Email Marketing Automation
If you expect top-notch email automation features, you might feel dissatisfied with what MailerLite offers. But that doesn’t mean its automation feature is not good. It’s just that they are not what a professional email marketer or marketing agency might expect. And that’s understandable, given the affordable price tag.
Still, after building email campaigns, you can create a systematic sequence of emails based on a workflow chart. This will ensure your emails are sent precisely as you want them. So, you can create a simple personalization email flow for your subscribers.
Additionally, you can create & send automated emails to your subscribers using dynamic blocks. The tool will personalize an email & will send it to different segments you have created.
The best part of the MailerLite Automation tool is that it’s free! Yup, you are reading it right. You can also access this feature with their free version, just like I did during my MailerLite Review.
6. Website & Landing Page Builder
While MailerLite is not a specialized Website or Landing Page Builder, it does offer this feature, which is an excellent addition. It’s simple, it’s effective & it’s easy to use. If you do not have a website, you can create one using MailerLite.
There are many pre-designed templates available to choose from different industries. And if you already own one, you can create Landing Pages to drive more traffic to your website.
So all said and done, the website & Landing Page Builder from MailerLite is very effective. I was surprised with this full-featured website builder that can be used to create e-commerce websites to accept payments.
In short, the website builder is an excellent addition to the already feature-loaded MailerLite.
7. Third-party integration
You can integrate a lot of CMS systems & eCommerce Plugins with MailerLite. Some of the most utilized integrations are Shopify, WooCommerce, & MailerLite WordPress plugins. All these plugins can be easily integrated via Zapier.
These integrations can significantly boost your website’s overall performance & boost your sales.
These are only some of the features of MailerLite that I described in this MailerLite Review. This tool has much more stores for its users. Now let’s take a look at its pricing structure.
What is the MailerLite pricing structure?
The best way to get started with MailerLite is to use the free plan. The reason is that you can access almost every feature with the free plan. You can use it for up to 1,000 subscribers & 12,000 emails a year. So that’s enough, at least for the starters and testing.
You can move towards paid plans if you feel satisfied with the results. And there is a surprise for you here too. Unlike a lot of big names, MailerLite does not rip you off.
They offer two plans, Growing Business & Advance. But the pricing is dynamic & based on the number of subscribers. E.g., if you have 1,000 subscribers and want to buy Advance Plan, it will cost you $8 a month (billed annually). But if you have 2,500 subscribers, it will cost you $15 a month (billed Annually).
This is very beneficial, especially for beginners, as they don’t have to pay sky-high prices for a small number of subscribers.
You can check out their detailed MailerLite pricing.
How is MailerLite Support?
MailerLite offers one of the best support in the industry. They have 24/7 live chat support. You can also reach out to their customer support team via email. The response time might be a little more.
But once you get in touch, they offer the best-in-class support. Their team is well-qualified & friendly. So, no matter what the issue, you will get excellent customer support.
What are MailerLite alternatives?
There are numerous MailerLite alternatives available in the market. Some offer better features, while some have reasonable pricing. Here is the list of the best MailerLite Alternatives.
MailerLite Pros & Cons
- This tool is straightforward & excellent for the beginners
- Their dynamic pricing structure is very affordable & helpful for all
- Their Campaign Builder is up to the mark
- They offer 24/7 live chat & email support with equal priority to all the subscribers
- Their Sign-up approval process is quite simple & straightforward
- Their Free plan has almost every feature that paid plan offers
- It comes with an excellent website & Landing Page Builder
- Subscriber Management is very efficient
- They have a limited number of themes for a website
- The automation feature is fundamental. It could have been much better.
- It’s designed primarily for beginners & not for agencies
Should you buy MailerLite? My Final Verdict.
MailerLite is an exceptional email marketing tool that can take a lot of stress off your shoulders. During my MailerLite Review, I found that it’s simple, user friendly & very efficient. It offers almost all the features those MailerLite alternatives offer, albeit at a much lesser price.
So if you are new to email marketing, MailerLite is a great tool. And if you are an agency or a veteran email marketer, you should explore MailerLite alternatives.
I hope this detailed MailerLite review has answered all your questions about this fantastic email marketing tool. I have reviewed multiple other tools, too, for my readers. I hope you will like what you read there!
Is MailerLite free?
MailerLite offers a free account for small eCommerce store owners u0026amp; for those who want to test this tool before buying. They have paid plans too.
Can I build a website using MailerLite?
Yes, you can create a website using the Drag u0026amp; Drop website u0026amp; landing page builder of MailerLite. It’s a simple u0026amp; practical tool. MailerLite also offers you some industry-specific free themes.